We get asked all the time what our opinion is for the best league settings. While there are many different types of leagues that are all great, we do actually have a preferred model for the usual league type. This information has been copied over from FootClanLeagues.com where we host a forum to bring fantasy football fans together to join great leagues. If you want to get involved in that, join up at JoinTheFoot.com.
0.5 Point Per Reception
2 Running Backs
2 Wide Receivers
1 Tight End
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 Defense / Special Teams
1 Kicker – or not!
5 Bench Spots
2 Injured Reserved Spots
FAAB Waiver system
3 Keepers (We find much more enjoyment and commitment in keeper leagues, but redrafts are great too).
• If it is a 12 team league, we like splitting it into 3 divisions of 4 teams where we play each division mate twice and everyone else once. Each year, there will be one team outside of your division that you do not play.
• Lineup Changes: Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime
• Season Acquisition Limit: No limit!
• Waiver system: Free Agent Auction (Continuous) with $100 as the budget
• FAAB Tiebreaker: Resets each week to inverse order of standings
• Trade Limit: No Limit
• Trade Deadline: (Week 8 for Keeper leagues, Week 11 for Redraft leagues)
• Playoffs: 6 Teams (3 rounds, 2 Byes) from weeks 14-16
If there is anything left off that you have questions about feel free to ask questions on the FootClanLeagues.com forums. Again, there are many great league types (2QB, IDP, Auction, etc) and we recommend you try lots of different leagues over time. However, for those looking for that one perfect league that gels with the mainstream “norm,” this is the league The Fantasy Footballers would recommend.