DFS Vegas Report for Week 8
Each week I’ll preview the five most important games from a Vegas total perspective and how to attack each game in DFS. I’ll highlight which players are the most stackable, who are recommended cash and GPP plays, and who looks like they should be faded. Listen and subscribe to the Fantasy Footballers’ DFS Podcast as we analyze these games for the main slate every Friday.
Week 7 Review
- Lions @ Falcons, Under, 45 total points – It’s hard to imagine a scenario where Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan throw for a combined 678 yards but the game still flies under the total. There was certainly more “meat on the bone” so to speak in this matchup, as Stafford and Ryan failed to convert passing TDs inside the red zone. However, these are potent passing attacks that should see positive regression in the TD column soon.
- Packers @ Texans, Under, 55 total points – This game almost gave us the shootout we wanted, as a Packers stack was our top priority on the podcast this week. Hello, Davante Adams! David Johnson and Will Fuller ended up being fine ‘bring back’ pieces, but I think we were hoping from more of a shootout in this one with the Texans unable to keep up with Rodgers and company.
- Seahawks @ Cardinals: Over, 71 total points – DFS doesn’t have to be difficult. Each week, we should be playing at least one Kyler Murray/DeAndre Hopkins stack and one Russell Wilson/Tyler Lockett/and or DK Metcalf stack. These passing offenses are condensed to stud WRs, and both QBs are playing out of their minds. This game stack was a week-winner in many ways.
- Steelers @ Tennessee: Under, 51 total points – This was a game we decided to shy away from on the podcast as far as a priority, and it’s primarily because we weren’t sure how the game script would go. Several pieces still got the job done in DFS, but my biggest takeaway is that Diontae Johnson is probably the preferred WR option moving forward if building Steelers stacks.
- Panthers @ Saints: Push, 51 total points – With Michael Thomas ruled out, Alvin Kamara was rock solid yet again, and Teddy Bridgewater passing game stacks were very much in play with both Robby Anderson and DJ Moore having good games on Sunday. Christian McCaffrey‘s return to the lineup could adjust our projections moving forward.
Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers, GB -6.5, O/U: 54.5
The last time these two teams played in Week 1, Aaron Rodgers (33.8 DK points) and Davante Adams (44.6 DK points) went off as a GPP winning game stack. However, as Kyle pointed out in his first look pricing article, both of these guys are priced up this week. Still, we do want to be targeting the Vikings secondary through the air, as they’ve been beatable all season. The Vikings have given up the 4th most passing yards per game so far this season, suggesting Rodgers stacks are in play if you want to pay up. Aaron Jones‘ injury situation will be one to monitor this week, but I fully expect him to play after missing last week with a grade I calf strain.