NFL DFS First Look Pricing for Week 3 (Fantasy Football)
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday where Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass and Friday where we talk out the main slate on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate:
|Home Team||Fav Team||Line||Total||Date||
|Cleveland Browns||CLE||-7.5||47||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Baltimore Ravens||Detroit Lions||BAL||-9||49.5||Sunday||
|Jacksonville Jaguars||ARI||-7||52||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Los Angeles Chargers||Kansas City Chiefs||KC||-6.5||55.5||Sunday||
|New England Patriots||NE||-3.5||42.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Indianapolis Colts||Tennessee Titans||TEN||-5.5||50||Sunday||
|Buffalo Bills||BUF||-8.5||46||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Atlanta Falcons||New York Giants||NYG||-3.5||48.5||Sunday||
|Pittsburgh Steelers||PIT||-4.5||44.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|New York Jets||Denver Broncos||DEN||-11||41.5||Sunday||
|Las Vegas Raiders||LV||-4||46||Sunday||4:05 PM|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Los Angeles Rams||LAR||-1||54.5||Sunday||
|Seattle Seahawks||Minnesota Vikings||SEA||-1.5||55||Sunday||
I personally prioritize pocket passers (see that alliteration) on DraftKings (where the 300+ yard bonus allows them to compete more) versus mobile threats on FanDuel.
- In cash, if you want to set it and forget it with Kyler Murray ($8,300) or Patrick Mahomes ($8200) I can’t talk you out of it.
- Josh Allen ($7,000) is going to come in way lower this week against the “vaunted” Washington defense that has allowed the 10th most passing yards thus far. I don’t mind looking his way in GPPs.
- If DraftKings wants to dock Tom Brady $100 for throwing five TD passes solely due to the matchup this week versus LAR, I mean I think you can still consider him. The Buccaneers won’t be able to effectively run the ball so betting on the passing game makes a ton of sense.
- Kirk Cousins at home ($6,300) is something we need to pay attention to. Justin Jefferson also had some extreme home splits last year so stacking with the combo instead of the likely more popular Russell Wilson side gets you different.
- The Raiders’ neutral situation pass rate (73%) is second in the league, a far cry from the ground-and-pound narrative we thought we were getting from Josh Jacobs and company. Derek Carr ($5,900) could keep things rolling at home versus Miami.
- If I’m looking for a cheap cash QB, I could see going down to Teddy Bridgewater ($5,800) and hope that the points come from the air. Jared Goff is a wild off-the-wild GPP selection at home for dirt cheap $5,200.