Week 11 Matchups + Trade Fallout, Wheel of Shame
Get notifications when new episodes are released
Week 11 is here! On today’s fantasy football podcast, lots of matchup breakdowns with start/sit advice! Plus, reactions to Thursday Night Football, and Andy spins the Wheel of Shame during the “Fantasy Faceoff”! Manage your redraft, keeper, and dynasty fantasy football teams with the #1 fantasy football podcast. — Fantasy Football Podcast for November 17th, 2023.
Connect with the show:
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Visit us on the Web
- Support the Show
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Join our Discord
Check out today’s sponsors:
News & Notes presented by USAA. Visit https://USAA.com/Insurance
Fantasy Faceoff presented by DraftKings. Visit https://www.draftkings.com/
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL/IN/LA/MI/NJ/PA/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO/NH), 888-789-7777/visit http://ccpg.org/chat (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY), visit OPGR.org (OR), call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN), or 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/LA(select parishes)/MI/NH/NJ/ NY/OR/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. New customer offer void in NH/OR/ONT-CA. $200 in Free bets: New customers only. Valid 1 per new customer. Min. $5 deposit. Min $5 wager. $200 issued as eight (8) $25 free bets. Ends 9/19/23 @ 8pm. Early Win: 1 Early Win Token issued per eligible game. Opt in req. Token expires at start of eligible game. Min moneyline bet $1. Wagering limits apply. Wagers placed on both sides of moneyline will void bet. Ends 1/5/24 @ 8pm ET. See terms at sportsbook.draftkings.com/footballterms
Mike’s absence 01:00
- Mike has not been on the show for the past two episodes.
- He is spending time with his family and will return on Monday.
“Yeah, Mike has got a couple days with the family and we’ll be back on Monday.”
Injury updates and impact 01:47
- Joe Burrow, Mike’s dynasty quarterback, got injured and will be out for the year.
- Mark Andrews also suffered a catastrophic injury and will also be out for the year.
- Jamar Chase’s performance was disappointing after Burrow’s injury.
- Tyler Boyd‘s performance was also affected by Higgins’ absence.
“Joe Burrow‘s injury. That’s Mike’s dynasty quarterback.” “Then you had Mark Andrews, catastrophic injury beginning of the game right before he was heading in for a near touchdown.” “Yeah, it was brutal across the board.” “You feel like you lost Jamar Chase to some degree, depending on what comes out with the injury to Joe Burrow.” “A lot of people played Tyler Boyd because without Higgins and a high scoring affair, Boyd’s been good.”
Backup quarterbacks and standout performances 02:42
- Jake Browning replaced the injured quarterback and targeted Trenton Irwin frequently.
- Joe Mixon and Gus Edwards had impressive performances.
- Lamar Jackson had a solid game compared to the rough start.
“Yeah, I mean, you saw Jake Browning immediately. It’s the age old tale we brought up so many times.” “Huge game for mixing over 20 fantasy points in our league. Huge game for Gus Bus, two more touchdowns.” “Big game for Lamar relative to how it began.”
Mike’s fantasy team and Keaton Mitchell‘s potential 03:17
- Mike’s fantasy team was greatly impacted by the injuries.
- Keaton Mitchell didn’t have a good statistical performance, but his potential is still promising.
“Perfect. Jason Edition, which is great. I think it’s great. I mean, Mike is with his family and had a real bad night, fantasy-wise.” “But going forward, what I saw was really good for him. Like Justice Hill has been usurped.”
Wide receivers for Baltimore 05:37
- With Mark Andrews out, the wide receivers for Baltimore will gain fantasy relevance.
- Beckham had the best performance among the receivers.
“Isaiah Likely had two targets, no catches.” “But with him out of the way, there’s going to be fantasy relevance in the wide receiving core for Baltimore.”
“Yeah. And Beckham was the best receiver of the bunch.”
Jonathan Taylor flashback 09:32
- Jonathan Taylor had a monster year playing for the Colts.
- In one game, the Colts were winning by multiple scores and trying to run out the clock.
“I remember when Jonathan Taylor had his monster year.”
The unforgettable game 09:44
- Even though Taylor was held in check for the entire game, he broke a 75-yard touchdown run at the very end to crush the hopes of the opposing team.
“And there was like a player two left in the game…he broke like a 75-yard touchdown right up the middle and it erased all of my hopes and dreams of the day.”
Khalil Herbert‘s upgrade 09:56
- Khalil Herbert has been upgraded to full practice in preparation for the upcoming game.
- It is suggested to avoid starting any Chicago Bears players due to their matchup and situation.
“Khalil Herbert upgraded to full…I think we’re trying to avoid the Bears.”
Injury updates 10:09
- Damian Pierce is expected to remain sidelined for Week 11.
- Noah Brown is also still sidelined and will be discussed further in the show.
“Damian Pierce still sidelined…Also Noah Brown remains sidelined.”
Lockett’s ongoing hamstring issue 10:20
- Tyler Lockett is still dealing with a hamstring injury that has been bothering him throughout the season.
- More discussion about Lockett, as well as Madison, Jefferson, and Garrett Wilson, will be included in the show.
“Lockett still sidelined with the hamstring…We’ll talk about that today.”
Overview of upcoming matchups 10:29
- The show will cover various matchups including specific players like Madison, Jefferson, Garrett Wilson, and more.
- There will also be a fantasy face off at the end of the show.
“Those are all matchups coming up on today’s show…We do have the fantasy face-off as well.”
Wheel of Shame and turkey challenge 10:42
- The hosts discuss the Wheel of Shame and the stakes for the Megalodon shame person.
- The loser of the week will have to wear a turkey mask on Thanksgiving as part of the Wheel of Shame challenge.
“Because whoever loses this week will be the Megalodon shame person…If you get a turkey, it’ll be Thanksgiving week. I’m putting you back in my turkey mask that you made me wear.”
Mike’s lineup submission 10:34
- Mike, one of the hosts, has submitted his lineup for the week.
- Jason will also have a lineup, and Andy is hoping to avoid being the loser of the week.
“At the end of the show…So we’ll get Mike’s. He submitted a lineup. Jason’s got a lineup and I’m trying to avoid a turkey.”
Notes on upcoming games 11:28
- The show will cover various matchups and provide insights for fantasy football.
- The hosts mention the Steelers, Browns, Bears, Lions, Chargers, Packers, Raiders, Dolphins, Giants, commanders, Cowboys, Panthers, Titans, and Jags.
“Today we’re covering a bunch more matchups including the highest over-under of the week…We covered the Steelers Browns Bears Lions Chargers Packers Raiders Dolphins Giants commanders Cowboys Panthers Titans Jags.”
Breakdown of Cardinals vs. Texans game 11:36
- The game between the Arizona Cardinals and Houston Texans will be discussed.
- The Texans are the favorites with a five-point home advantage and a projected over-under of 48 points.
Analysis of the Cardinals offense and Houston’s weapons 12:20
- The Cardinals offense is predicted to score 21.5 points in the game.
- Houston has a strong offensive player in CJ Stroud and the AFC offensive player of the week in Devin Singletary.
“I think they’ll get there, it’s just I don’t think they can stop what Houston is bringing to the table…They’re bringing the best rookie we’ve seen in a long time in CJ Stroud who is averaging 339 passing yards and 2.8 passing touchdowns at home. They’re bringing the AFC offensive player of the week, Devin Singletary.”
- The hosts discuss their excitement over Tank Dell and a recent trade involving him.
- Tank Dell is highly valued and expected to have an impact in the upcoming matchup.
The value of Devin Singletary and Nico Collins 14:44
- Devin Singletary is highlighted as a great play due to the Cardinals’ weak defense against running backs.
- Nico Collins is expected to return from injury and provide a good matchup against the Cardinals.
Comparison of running backs 15:56
- The hosts discuss choosing between Javante Williams and Devin Singletary as starters for the week.
- Singletary is favored slightly due to a favorable matchup against the Cardinals.
“Would you start Javante Williams against Minnesota or Devin Singletary against Arizona…They’re giving up like 24 fantasy points…I’m going to lean Singletary by just a little bit.”
Uncertainty surrounding the Bills’ running back situation 17:33
- The hosts acknowledge the uncertainty involving the Buffalo Bills‘ running back situation once Damien Pierce returns from injury.
- It is suggested to avoid starting either Singletary or Pierce in most matchups.
“I think it’ll be easy decisions when Damien Pierce comes back you don’t play either…That’s the way I’m approaching it.”
Devin Singletary’s performance and Houston’s defense 18:09
- There is speculation about how Singletary would perform against Houston’s defense this season.
- If the Houston Texans‘ defensive player Pierce is not playing for the rest of the year, it could affect the game differently.
“Yeah, it’s one of those things I wonder where Singletary would be with how Houston is playing this season.”
James Conner’s potential against Houston 18:14
- James Connor is expected to have a great game this week against the 22nd ranked Texans’ run defense.
- The Texans’ defense is not considered to be among the worst, but it is not very good either.
“If Pierce was gone for the remainder of the year that would be a different story but yeah James Connor great starts this week against the 22nd ranked Texans run defense he’s going to get it all.”
Kyler Murray and Fields as QB options 18:26
- Kyler Murray is a top choice for QB.
- Fields against Detroit may also be a good option.
“Kyler Murray of course you get him in there. Kyler or Fields in his first game back Fields against Detroit.”
The potential for a shootout between the Cardinals and Texans 18:50
- Both the Cardinals and Texans’ offenses are performing well at the moment, making it difficult to see how either defense will stop them.
- The over/under suggests that it will be a high-scoring game.
“And these two offenses are clicking right now with Kyler in tow so I don’t know how either one of these offenses gets stopped. It should be a shootout it should be a back and forth fair.”
Trey McBride and the Cardinals’ tight ends 19:01
- Trey McBride is expected to have a significant role this week after a strong performance.
- Schultz may not be the best option due to the Cardinals’ defense being good against tight ends.
- Logan Thomas or Tank Dell may be better options available on the waiver wire.
“You know Trey McBride right back into your lineup this week huge target share. That’s a giant. Pivoting to that. Schultz though because he has been banged up. They said he’s making progress but the Cardinals are actually really good against Titans.”
Cardinals vs. Bears tight end matchup 19:14
- The choice between McBride and La Porta is unpredictable, either could have a better week.
“You know I think that that’s a coin flip. I really do. I think either guy could have the better week.”
Expectations for Trey McBride against Houston 19:35
- Houston’s defense is weak against tight ends, making it likely that Trey McBride will have a good game.
- The expected negative game script for the Texans supports this prediction.
“I’m going to take the matchup. Houston is very bad against Titans. I think McBride could be the Titan one on the week this week.”
Dalton Schultz versus Cardinals’ defense 19:51
- Schultz may not be the best option with the Cardinals’ defense being strong against tight ends.
- Logan Thomas could be a good alternative.
“I went to the Texans and saw read some stuff from the beat writers. They said he’s making progress but the Cardinals are actually really good against Titans. Yeah their scheme has not given up much to the Titan position but I don’t know that you’re going to have better options out there on the waiver wire than a guy. Logan Thomas.”
The 49ers’ offensive performance and game prediction 20:48
- The San Francisco 49ers have had a mix of dominant and disappointing games this season.
- Their success largely relies on the availability of key player Debo Samuel.
- With a high point total, the 49ers are projected to score well, leading to potential throwing opportunities for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
“What you have seen from the San Francisco 49ers is about six dominant games and three really really disappointing games. They either score over 30 or they score 17 points. That’s literally what’s happened every single game of the year. And those three losses are without Debo Samuel and every other win is with Debo Samuel. He helps make the offense work.”
McCaffrey and Samuel as reliable starts 22:09
- McCaffrey and Debo Samuel should be reliable starts, with both players having the potential to take advantage of Tampa Bay’s weak secondary.
- The 49ers are expected to score a significant number of points, leading to potential passing opportunities for the Buccaneers.
“I use my start of the week and I think Debo is right there with him like Debo had his first game back last week scored a touchdown. You know I think he has just as capable of taking advantage of this bleeding secondary for Tampa as I you kids. And so I think both those guys are locks.”
Wide receiver options against the 49ers’ defense 22:18
- The San Francisco 49ers‘ defense is weaker against wide receivers compared to other positions.
- Considering the potential for high-scoring by the 49ers, both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are good plays.
“Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are both fine plays. I know that the San Francisco 49ers defense is great but against wide receivers they haven’t they’re 25th on the year. They’ve got five against the other positions but you could throw on them at wide receiver sometimes because you have to because the 49ers are scoring points.”
“That’s fair and the last two weeks two catches four catches 2.6 fantasy points and seven so that would be the one I’m a little nervous about because I don’t know how many opportunities to score they’re going to have.”
Matchup: New York Jets vs. Gabe Davis 26:01
New York Jets Defense Statistics 26:34
- The New York Jets defense allows 19.1 fantasy points per game to opposing teams, which is the seventh-best in the league.
- They give up an average of 17 points to wide receivers.
- The Jets have given up 14, 13, 27, and 16 points to opposing teams’ wide receivers in recent weeks.
“They give up on the year nineteen point one points per game that is seventh best in the league… They only give up 17 points to wide receivers. You know the last few weeks they’ve given up 14 13 27 to the Chargers and then 16 last week.” 26:41
James Cook as a Fantasy Option 27:27
- James Cook is a decent play for fantasy football.
- With the changes in coaching, there might be an opportunity for Cook to have an increased role.
- Cook is expected to be more involved in the offense due to the struggles of the team.
“James Cook‘s an all right play.” “I’m a little bit hopeful that in this game you’re going to see more James Cook than Latavius Murray because they’re going to say hey our offense has been struggling. You brought me in to fix it.” 27:45
Risks and Rewards of Starting James Cook 28:04
- There is some risk in starting James Cook due to his recent fumbles.
- One mistake could lead to him losing playing time.
- However, Cook has only fumbled once before and bounced back from it.
“The only thing I’ll say negative there is that in the back of my mind if the ball gets pumped out by this ferocious defense, James Cook is going to be back in the doghouse because he had the fumble.” “Ironically, I believe that was his first fumble of his career, first and second.” 28:08
- The Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams are facing each other.
- This matchup has the potential for a high-scoring fantasy game.
- Both teams have had previous high-scoring games against each other.
Importance of Puka Nacua 31:24
- Puka Nekua is a solid option at wide receiver.
- He is ranked as a top 20 wide receiver for this week.
- Puka is expected to be involved in the offense and could have a good game against the Rams’ defense.
“Puka to me is like a top top 20 wide receiver for sure this week, a solid wide receiver two.” 31:40
- The Minnesota Vikings and Denver Broncos are both performing well recently.
- Both teams have won multiple games in a row.
- The Denver defense has been particularly strong and may be worth considering for fantasy purposes.
“Minnesota’s won five straight games. Denver’s won three straight games.” “It’s very interesting looking towards the fantasy playoffs and looking at the Denver defense and seeing some good matchups and seeing am I going to go from hating the Denver defense to playing the Denver defense.” 33:25
Matchup Analysis: Detroit Lions vs Pittsburgh Steelers 33:52
- Jordan Addison may not be a reliable play in this game.
- TJ Hawkinson is expected to have a strong performance.
“I think it’s TJ Hawkinson’s show.”
TJ Hockenson Target Share 34:03
- TJ Hawkinson has been getting 41% and 47% target share in recent games.
- He is likely to be the tight end one.
“TJ Hawkinson will be the tight end one.”
Uncertainty around Justin Jefferson‘s Return 34:19
- It is uncertain if Justin Jefferson will be back in this game.
- Recent reports suggest that he may sit out another week.
“I’m not sure if Jefferson is going to be back out there…they’re giving him one more week before he returns.”
Alexander Mattison Injury Status 35:55
- Alexander Madison is limited in practice due to a concussion.
- It is unlikely that he will be able to play.
“I’ll be really surprised if he does”
Ty Johnson as a Replacement for Alexander Madison 36:11
- If Alexander Madison cannot play, Ty Johnson is a good option.
- He should be started over other decent alternatives.
“Ty Johnson should be started if Alexander Madison isn’t out there.”
Denver Broncos Defense Vulnerable to Speedy Running Backs 36:34
- The Denver Broncos defense struggles against speedy running backs.
- Ty Johnson‘s speed and skill set make him a strong play against them.
“Tight channeler’s skill set is the specific slice that beats the Denver Broncos defense.”
Expectations for the Kansas City vs Philadelphia Game 38:40
- The game between Kansas City and Philadelphia is expected to be high-scoring.
- Both offenses are strong, and the over is favored.
“I’ll take the offenses. I’ll take the over.”
Philadelphia Eagles‘ Simplified Fantasy Outlook 39:51
- Jalen Hurts and Swift are good plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Devonta Smith and AJ Brown are also solid options.
“Jalen Hertz went crazy. He went banana.”
Analyzing player usage and opportunities 40:42
- Kadarius Toney was barely used, but they were managing his snaps.
- Another bye week will give him more opportunity.
“Because he was barely used.”
Discussing Marquess Valdes-Scantling’s snap counts 40:53
- Marquess Valdes-Scantling has been getting tons of snaps.
- Playing him is like playing with fire.
“I mean, Marquess Valdes-Scantling, tons of snaps.”
Evaluating Rashaad Penny‘s performance 41:03
- Rashaad Penny is talented, but his lack of targets is a concern.
- He needs to score touchdowns to be valuable.
- Amari Cooper is a better start than Rashaad Penny.
“It’s not that he’s not talented. It’s the fact that, you know, two targets, two for 17, you better get into the end zone.”
Comparing different running backs 41:41
- Isaiah Pacheco has been less involved since Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman arrived.
- However, his snap counts have been increasing.
- He can be started, but there are better options.
“He’s actually in the packages getting on the field… I would play Darrell Henderson over Pacheco.”
Evaluating the matchup between Philadelphia and Kansas City 44:04
- The hosts have different opinions on who will win.
- Kansas City is favored, but some prefer the Eagles.
“Just pick the money line… I’m going Kansas City.”
Discussing Travis Kelce‘s performance 44:18
- Travis Kelsey is a must-start player.
- He is expected to perform well, especially with Taylor Swift present.
“Kelsey, you play him. And you hope he performs very well.”
Examining Antonio Gibson‘s absence 44:25
Jason’s Wheel of Shame punishment 45:06
- Jason finished second in a recent competition.
- His punishment is to wear a Chewbacca costume.
“Well, your streak’s over Jason, you finished second… This is a Chewbacca costume.”
Discussing the losing lineup in DraftKings 46:48
- The quarterback of the losing lineup is Brock Purdy.
“Brock Purdy… My start of the week.”
Mike’s Lineup 47:07
- Mike has Brock Purdy as his quarterback.
- Mike also has James Connor and Breeze Hall as his running backs.
- His wide receivers are Amon-Ra St. Brown and Jaden Reed.
- His tight end is Trey McBride.
- His flex is Kyle Phillips.
- His defense is the Jets.
“Mike went with James Connor and Breeze Hall.”
Andy’s Lineup 47:17
- Andy has Kyler Murray as his quarterback.
- His running back is Austin Eckler.
- His wide receivers are Cooper Cup, Deebo Samuel, and Tank Dell.
- His tight end is Trey McBride.
- His flex is Jamison Williams.
- His defense is the Packers.
“I went with Cooper Cup, Debo Samuel, and Tank Dell.”
Jason’s Lineup 48:06
- Jason’s quarterback is Brock Purdy.
- His running back is Devin Singletary.
- His wide receivers are Brandon Ayuk and Christian Kirk.
- His tight end is Trey McBride.
- His flex is Jaden Reed.
- His defense is the Jaguars.
“I knew Devin Singletary would be locked into your lineup.”