NFL DFS First Look Pricing for Week 6 (Fantasy Football)
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday where Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate:
|Home Team||Fav Team||Line||Total||Date||Time (ET)|
|Los Angeles Chargers||Baltimore Ravens||BAL||-3.5||51||Sunday||
|Carolina Panthers||CAR||-1.5||46.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Green Bay Packers||Chicago Bears||GB||-4.5||45||Sunday||
|Detroit Lions||CIN||-3.5||49||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Houston Texans||Indianapolis Colts||IND||-10||43||Sunday||
|New York Giants||LAR||-10.5||47.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Kansas City Chiefs||Washington Football Team||KC||-6.5||55.5||Sunday||
|Cleveland Browns||CLE||-2.5||51||Sunday||4:05 PM|
|Las Vegas Raiders||Denver Broncos||DEN||-3||45||Sunday||
|New England Patriots||DAL||-4.5||50||Sunday||
Notice the teams off the main slate (TB, PHI, JAX, MIA, SEA, PIT, BUF, TEN) due to Thurs/Sun/Monday Night and another London game. We also start the bye weeks with ATL, NO, NYJ, and SF all off in Week 6.
The QB position is probably the one most affected this week by byes and who is off the slate. There is no Josh Allen (who is on fire), Tom Brady or Jalen Hurts. In other words, at the top, there are a plethora of options all in games above the 50-point mark we like.
- You don’t want to mess with Patrick Mahomes ($8,300) after a loss. Washington also might be one of the worst pass defenses in the league allowing the most passing TDs (14) with a secondary begging for answers after Jameis Winston lit them up.
- Despite possessing sky-high upside, Lamar Jackson ($7,400) feels a bit underpriced this week due to his salary coming out before his Monday Night Miracle. Lamar captivated MNF audience as the Ravens stormed back from a 22-3 deficit. The BAL/LAC game will be one I imagine the entire DFS community will be gushing over this week. On the other side of the ball, Justin Herbert ($7,300) probably is too cheap as well so don’t be surprised if those come in both inside the top-3 of roster percentage. Both of them warrant 10+ percent in tournaments.
- Taylor Heinicke ($5,800) had a horrific Week 5 against the Saints but I’d be willing to fire him up again in tournaments. The Chiefs have allowed the 4th most passing yards and the third-highest yards per pass attempt (9.3) in the NFL. Mahomes is the obvious play so stacking the other side of the game at a cheaper cost could work.
- An absolute cash game punt is rookie Mac Jones at $5,200. He’s been willing to sling the ball averaging 38 pass attempts per game. The Patriots are a sneaky stacking team this week with some of his pass-catchers in the mix in both cash and GPPs. We haven’t talked a ton about the Patriots this year but it’s time to turn the page thinking this team has a dominant defense. Against a Dallas pass defense allowing 311 passing yards per game, Mac has a shot.
- I need to mention this play just to get it out of my system. Heck, shield your eyes and clear your search history: Mike Glennon is $5,000. Ok, he’s NSFW and completely not startable against the Rams if Daniel Jones does not clear concussion protocol.