NFL DFS First Look Pricing for Week 5 (Fantasy Football)
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday where Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate:
|Home Team||Fav Team||Line||Total||Date||Time (ET)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||Carolina Panthers||CAR||-4||46||Sunday||
|Cincinnati Bengals||GB||-3.5||50||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|New Orleans Saints||Washington Football Team||NO||-1||44||Sunday||
|Minnesota Vikings||MIN||-8||49||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|New England Patriots||Houston Texans||NE||-9||39||Sunday||
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||TB||-10.5||47.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Tennessee Titans||Jacksonville Jaguars||TEN||-4||48.5||Sunday||
|Pittsburgh Steelers||PIT||-1||40.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Chicago Bears||Las Vegas Raiders||LV||-6||46||Sunday||
|Los Angeles Chargers||LAC||-1||50||Sunday||4:05 PM|
|San Francisco 49ers||Arizona Cardinals||ARI||-5.5||52.5||Sunday||
Keep in mind there is no Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, or Lamar Jackson on this main slate for Week 5.
- I prefer playing guys like Tom Brady ($7,400) on DK where the 300-yard bonus comes into play. After getting shut out in the passing TD column last week, Brady is set up for success against a Miami pass defense that surprisingly leads the NFL in 20+ pass yard plays allowed.
- Dak Prescott was among the safest cash game QBs last week and after coming through with four passing TDs, his salary only went up $200. He’s averaged almost two passing TDs per game in his career versus the Giants although last year’s matchup was the one he went down with his season-ending injury.
- Justin Herbert ($6,800) receives the Monday night pricing glitch and he should be in cash consideration at home against the Browns despite their pass rush.
- The GB-CIN will be one of the games I’m excited to stack this week. Joe Burrow ($6,100) is too cheap. The Bengals definitely have not thrown the ball near the rate he did last year when he set a rookie record with 40.5 pass attempts per game. With Joe Mixon nursing an injury and the Packers coming to town, Joe Cool will be needed.
- We have to talk about Daniel Jones at $6,000. He has career-highs in completion rate (67%) and 12.3 yards per completion (12.3) while averaging a league-leading 7.0 yards per carry on the ground.
- Oh baby! We all are excited to take a shot on rookie Trey Lance ($5,700) this week in an exciting game environment with the highest total on the slate. With his rushing floor, Lance will be a popular cash game play to save money with this week.
- The last QB I want to highlight on DK is Jared Goff ($5,300). He’s completing 68 percent of his passes and the volume is there with the 3rd most passing attempts in the NFL. If you’re chasing cheap counting stats and wanting to stack the DET-MIN game, I don’t mind looking Goff’s way.