NFL DFS First Look Pricing for Week 2 (Fantasy Football)
Depending on how Week 1 went, you might be ready to press reset, rip out the cartridge from your SNES and blow on it so you can start. Well the best part about DFS is… you can! Our Week 2 Preview podcast comes out later today for the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast but this article should get you started in your weekly preparation to get a handle on the main slate.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early week cash game considerations as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday where Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate:
|Road Team||Home Team||Fav Team||Line||Total||Date||Time (ET)|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Chicago Bears||CHI||-3||45||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|New Orleans Saints||Carolina Panthers||NO||-4||44||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|New England Patriots||New York Jets||NE||-5.5||42.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|San Francisco 49ers||Philadelphia Eagles||SF||-3.5||50||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Las Vegas Raiders||Pittsburgh Steelers||PIT||-6||49||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Buffalo Bills||Miami Dolphins||BUF||-3||48.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Los Angeles Rams||Indianapolis Colts||LAR||-4.5||47.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Denver Broncos||Jacksonville Jaguars||DEN||-6||45.5||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Houston Texans||Cleveland Browns||SF||-12.5||48||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|Minnesota Vikings||Arizona Cardinals||ARI||-3.5||51||Sunday||4:05 PM|
|Atlanta Falcons||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||TB||-12||52||Sunday||4:05 PM|
|Tennessee Titans||Seattle Seahawks||SEA||-5||54||Sunday||4:25 PM|
|Los Angeles Chargers||Dallas Cowboys||LAC||-3||55||Sunday||4:25 PM|
- Russell Wilson ($7,500) was one of our favorite stacks last week and he came through in a big way. His price is still relative affordable given his ceiling but the roster percentage will come in much higher this week.
- Why is Tom Brady only $6,900 against a Falcons defense that was exposed last week (and basically every other week before that over the last five years)? That price allows you to easily double stack two Buccaneers pass-catchers.
- Matthew Stafford ($6,400) offers nothing on the ground but he was pristine through the air on Sunday night football. The Colts gave up a four pack of TDs through the air to Russell Wilson last week so he’s in consideration in cash.
- Jameis Winston gets a price bump ($6,100) after five touchdowns on only 20 attempts last week. The matchup versus the Panthers is enticing but expect him to be among the top-5 most popular QBs.
- I love the bounce back spot for Matt Ryan ($5,600) especially because how bad the Falcons were at home last week. Atlanta actually played Tampa Bay close in both of their divisional games last year and the $400 salary decrease is nice. He should be in consideration in your tournament player pools.