NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 3 (Fantasy Football)
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday when Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
*These lines are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and are accurate as of time of publishing.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- This slate is packed with stars. We go back to 13 games on the main slate and the games “off” include some real duds (PIT/CLE- 38.5, SF/DEN- 45, DAL/NYG- 39.5)
- Last week we were mining for gold on a week that had only one 50+ point game before Sunday. Luckily, the MIA/BAL game was one we were all over from the Pace of Play article, the DFS Podcast, and our Best Plays. This week we have four 50+ with another that should hit that threshold.
- Finding the games in the 50 range on this slate that hit the under is one of the keys in my opinion. Fade popular plays by comparing them with our Roster Percentage Report and see if you can find stacks and correlations going under-rostered in tournaments.
All of the studs are back so paying up at QB might need to be a priority in cash.
- Josh Allen ($8200) is not priced up enough after the way BUF shredded TEN on Monday night. Remember his salary was set before the game. He should be at least $8500. Jalen Hurts ($7600) also is in the same boat. He’s been basically flawless this year with a rushing floor that is historic.
- Matthew Stafford ($6500) should have his way with the Arizona Cardinals‘ swiss cheese defense. He’s priced down considering this game has a 50+ total and he’s always a threat to hit 300+ yards for the DK bonus.
- It’s odd that the GOAT is down all the way to $6000 this week. The Bucs and Packers game has a 41.5 total. With all the Bucs WR injuries, it’s hard having confidence but he is playing at home.
- Jared Goff ($5800) went for 256 & 4 last week and now plays a Minnesota defense allowing the 5th most Yards per Play.
- If you’re digging in the basement for cash, I don’t mind looking at Marcus Mariota ($5500) against Seattle. The game total is gross and he’s never going to see enough attempts to chase for tournaments. But Seattle’s coverage unit is ranked 29th by PFF through two weeks and they’ve allowed the 4th highest yards per attempt in the NFL.