NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 14 (Fantasy Football)
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
These lines are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and are accurate as of time of publishing.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- The MIN/DET line has moved consistently. The Vikings opened as 1.5-point road favorites to now 2.5-point dogs. This will clearly be the most popular game of the week as Lions home games have averaged 60+ total points per game.
- Wow! How about those Cowboys?! They are 16.5-point home favorites against the worst team in the league. If you’re worried about getting about three full quarters from any of the starters, instead focus on the fact that their offense is humming and 30+ points is their floor according to Vegas.
- This is a week where I want to lean more into team-implied totals and good offenses than fully commit to game stacking.
- On Bye: ATL, CHI, GB, IND, NO, WAS
- Off Main Slate: LV, LAR, MIA, LAC, NE, ARI
- After an awesome performance against the Chiefs, Joe Burrow‘s salary ($7000) goes up only $100. He’s once again near the top of the list of my cash pool to start the week versus a Browns team ranked 28th in EPA per play allowed and 27th in points allowed. It is worth noting (for kicks) that he’s never beaten the Browns weirdly enough.
- We bring up Jared Goff ($5600) whenever he has plus matchups at home. Fire him up again against the Vikings. At home, he has 17 passing TDs in just seven games played while the Vikings have allowed the most passing yards and the highest yards per attempt (7.6) in the NFL. Since Week 5, they rank 29th in fantasy points allowed to the QB position.
- Having Mike White ($5500) at the helm raises the tide for all Jets players. In his five starts over the last two years, the Jets are averaging 76 offensive plays per game, the most in the NFL. Over the last month, the Bills are allowing the 5th most passing yards per game and rank 29th in EPA per pass attempt allowed.
- Last week, we got to see Tyler Huntley ($5500) step in for Lamar Jackson and it looks like he’ll be the guy once again. He averaged 9.5 rush attempts and 60 rushing yards per start which gives him a safe floor. Consider him in your cash pool despite the Steelers DST being a solid cash option as well this week.