NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 1 (Fantasy Football)
We’re back at it folks!
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday when Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate including team implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- Only two games over the 50-total kinda take some of the wind out of our Week 1 sails. Last year, we had four and two more over 48. Finding the games in the 45-48 range on this slate that hit the over is one of the keys in my opinion. Find one you like, compare it with our Roster Percentage Report and see if you can find stacks and correlations going under-rostered in tournaments.
- There are a ton of road favorites this week. 8-of-the-13 matchups favor the road team and many of those are clear favorites. Keep this in mind with the low totals.
- The afternoon slate will carry a ton of the roster percentage given the two 50+ total games and the GB/MIN game approaching that mark. Knowing this, you have late swap options available and a chance to fade a couple of them especially if you know stacking them will be everyone’s approach.
- It’s Week 1. There is a ton we don’t know about player usage and trends. Feel free to get weird.
- Among the elites, Lamar Jackson ($7,300) and Patrick Mahomes ($7,700) are my early leans for stacks.
- Right now, Jalen Hurts ($6,800) is in my cash game lineup. My pool will be pretty small and I don’t think stacking is necessary in Week 1. What’s crazy is I went with Jalen Hurts and DeVonta Smith in Week 1 last year!
- Trey Lance ($6,000) is going to be on the cash shortlist as well if you want to dip down a bit further. There is tons of risk associated with Lance but if you’ve gone this far with him, there is no turning back now!
- Jameis Winston ($5,300) is showing up as one of the top points per dollar values. He’s too cheap. Remember when he went off for five passing TDs last year in Week 1?!