DFS Vegas Report for Week 9
Each week I’ll preview the five most important games from a Vegas total perspective and how to attack each game in DFS. I’ll highlight which players are the most stackable, who are recommended cash and GPP plays, and who looks like they should be faded. Listen and subscribe to the Fantasy Footballers’ DFS Podcast as we analyze these games for the main slate every Friday.
Week 8 Recap
- Vikings @ Packers, Over 68 total points – This game didn’t disappoint when it came to the studs, but the game script was flipped from what Vegas projected. Dalvin Cook won DFSers GPPs, while the Aaron Rodgers to Davante Adams stack is always in play given their mind-meld connection and lack of a supporting cast.
- Titans @ Bengals, Push 51 total points – This game total dropped with the weather concerns, but the Bengals and Joe Burrow were able to move the ball easily despite being down all five offensive lineman this past week. The play volume from these two offenses combined with two bottom half defenses will help the Titans and Bengals continue to be involved in our game stacks.
- Raiders @ Browns, Under 22 total points – This game was one that Kyle and I were excited about initially on the podcast, but as the week progressed, the weather forecast worsened, and it really zapped the offensive firepower in this matchup.
- 49ers @ Seahawks, Over 64 total points – The Seahawks certainly stole the show here, forcing the 49ers into catch up mode when they got down by three scores. As discussed on the podcast, the 49ers are a team that can push the pace when necessary, and we saw that this past Sunday.
- Colts @ Lions, Over 62 total points – This game really surprised me, especially considering Kenny Golladay exited early with a hip injury. Regardless, this Colts defense does appear to be a bit overrated in terms of a defense that we can still go after in DFS if the game environment suits.
Seattle Seahawks @ Buffalo Bills, SEA -3, O/U: 54.0
The 6-1 Seahawks will travel east to take on the Bills, who look like they’re in control of the AFC East through eight weeks. As we’ve seen week after week so far this season, the Seahawks aren’t afraid to #LetRussCook, especially when they’re battling injuries at the RB position. Chris Carson (foot), Carlos Hyde (hamstring), and Travis Homer (knee bruise) are all still banged up, suggesting we could see another pass-heavy scheme against the Bills in Week 9. By now, you don’t need me to tell you this, but building Russell Wilson/Tyler Lockett/D.K. Metcalf stacks is a #good idea, especially with Wilson underpriced according to Kyle’s First Look Pricing article.