DFS Vegas Report for Week 5
Each week I’ll preview the five most important games from a Vegas total perspective and how to attack each game in DFS. I’ll highlight which players are the most stackable, who are recommended cash and GPP plays, and who looks like they should be faded. Listen and subscribe to the Fantasy Footballers’ DFS Podcast as we analyze these games for the main slate every Friday.
Week 4 Review
- Browns @ Cowboys: Over, 87 total points – This game did not disappoint when it came to DFS game stacks. On the podcast, I discussed potential concerns about the Browns’ ability to keep pace with Dallas. Fortunately, we identified Odell Beckham as the “bring it back” candidate for Cleveland. It turns out Dallas can’t stop anyone. We want to aggressively attack the Cowboys in DFS until they prove otherwise. They take on the Giants in Week 5.
- Saints @ Lions: Over, 64 total points – On the podcast, we discussed Alvin Kamara as a player to build around in DFS, especially for cash games. He delivered a solid performance, and Matthew Stafford (206 yards/3 TD) was able to bring it back on the other side with his pass catchers on the other side. We will continue to attack the Lions defense in DFS, but no one is talking about how beatable the Saints are on defense. They’ve given up an average of 28.25 points per game.
- Seahawks @ Dolphins: Push, 54 total points – This game sort of feels like a disappointment when you think about it from a DFS perspective. As per usual, we were all over the Seahawks stacks, but Tyler Lockett disappointed and Russell Wilson didn’t have a ceiling game. Ryan Fitzpatrick was viable in cash as a salary saving option, but I left this game wanting more.
- Cardinals @ Panthers: Push, 52 total points – The Panthers held up their end of the bargain, but D.J. Moore was a huge disappointment. We wanted to build around Moore in this matchup, but Robby Anderson appears to be the WR to use in Carolina if building Panther Stacks. Kenyan Drake disappointed yet again in Week 4.
- Patriots @ Chiefs – Void, Game postponed due to Covid-19 and was not on the main slate.
Las Vegas Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs, O/U: 56.5, KC -12
This AFC West matchup holds the second highest over/under in Week 5 behind only the SNF game between the Seahawks and the Vikings. With an implied team total of 34.3 (the most of any team in Week 5), if we’re stacking this game in DFS, we’ll likely want to build around the Chiefs and bring it back with a Raiders player. This game total may seem high for a game that involves a Raiders team, but make no mistake about it, the Raiders currently rank 10th in points per game through four weeks. The Chiefs rank 9th.