Week 12 Waivers & QB Streamers + Bottle of Charbonnet!
Get notifications when new episodes are released
Week 12 Waiver Wire! On today’s fantasy football podcast, waiver pickups at each position for a playoff push! Plus, QB streamers, injury updates, and a recap of Monday Night Football! Manage your redraft, keeper, and dynasty fantasy football teams with the #1 fantasy football podcast. — Fantasy Football Podcast for November 21st, 2023.
Connect with the Fantasy Footballers Podcast:
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Visit us on the Web
- Support the Show
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Join our Discord
Check out today’s sponsors:
News & Notes presented by USAA. Visit https://USAA.com/Insurance
Welcome to the Waiver Wire presented by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Visit https://www.callofduty.com/playnow/modernwarfare3
Monday Night Football Recap 02:11
- Jalen Hurts started slow with negative points but bounced back.
- DeAndre Swift had a big game with limited carries.
- Devonta Smith had a standout performance while A.J. Brown struggled.
- Kansas City Chiefs spread the ball around, making it difficult to predict the top receiver.
- Wet and rainy conditions affected the game.
Waivers and Wide Receivers 05:05
- Wide receiver pickups are discussed.
- Kansas City’s receiver distribution makes it unpredictable.
- Justin Watson received 11 targets in the game.
“Might as well spin the Wheel of Shame… on the waiver wire… Kansas City Chiefs spread the ball to everybody.”
Monday Night Football Experience 05:49
- Watching the game was described as mostly painful for fantasy football owners.
- Jalen Hurts‘ slow start caused anxiety for one of the hosts.
- A funny incident occurred regarding a declaration of selling all players.
- Trade deadline was mentioned, adding pressure to make decisions.
“No, it was just… it was mostly pain… I needed like 12 points from Hertz… He gave up hope… Someone may have tilted, declaring, I’m selling all my players.”
Kyren Williams Injury Update 07:11
- Kyren Williams is expected to return from his high ankle sprain.
- Uncertainty remains whether he will immediately resume a lead role.
- Potential for Kyren Williams to make a significant impact.
“If you were leaning on or emergency starting… Royce Freeman or Darryl Henderson, Kyren should be back… He could be a league winner.”
High Ankle Sprain Recovery 08:15
- High ankle sprains often lead to players missing zero or three games.
- Players may not be at full strength in the first one or two games back.
“The majority of high ankle sprains you miss, zero games or three games… If you come back, you’re not necessarily at full strength for that first week or two.”
Injuries and Returns 08:29
- Kyren Williams has missed five weeks due to being on the IR window during their bye week.
“But because they had their bi week already in the IR window, this will be five weeks he has missed.”
- Williams should be ready to go at near pre-injury levels of production.
“So he should be completely ready to go at near pre, you know, pre injury levels of production.”
- The matchup against Arizona poses some risk for Williams, but the author is inclined to start him.
“I will absolutely be putting him back in the lineup against Arizona.” “If I had Kyren Williams, I would, it is not without risk.”
- Cleveland and Baltimore are the next two matchups for Kyren Williams after this week’s game against Arizona.
“Cleveland Baltimore the next two weeks for Kyren after this week against Arizona.”
- If Williams isn’t back to full strength this week, it might be a rough three weeks for fantasy playoffs.
“So, if he isn’t back to full strength this week, it might be a rough three weeks of just prepping up for the fantasy playoffs and hoping he can deliver in weeks 15, 16 and 17.”
- Zach Ertz is eligible to return, but it is uncertain if he will have an impact.
“Zach Erz is eligible to return. We’ll see if that has an impact.”
- Dawson Knox is eligible to return but is not ready according to coach Sean McDermott.
- Michael Thomas is expected to take some time to recover from a knee injury.
“And I for one think the healthiest Dawson Knox possible is what we need back out there for 2024.” “Well, I mean like week 18.” “He is going to take some time to recover from a knee injury.”
“The limitation on his touches could exist.” “Certainly reaggravation or any kind of.” “Time share.” “Right.”
Cooper Kupp and the Rams 09:56
- Cooper Kupp is day to day with a low ankle sprain, which creates uncertainty for the rest of the season.
“Cooper Cup day to day with a low ankle sprain.” “I mean the Cooper Cup situation from here to the end of the year is going to be nerve racking because here’s what we’ve known this year.” “Injured twice.” “When it’s not Stafford, bad.” “When it is Stafford, could get hurt.” “Also could get re-injured.” “Could just be bad.”
- It would be difficult to bench Kupp if he’s active, though Puka should be a good alternative against Arizona.
“This week, Jason, do you have the conviction if he’s acted to just throw him back in against Arizona?” “It would be really difficult to bench him if he’s active.” “I don’t expect him to be active though, which means Puka should be an awesome play against Arizona.” “One can hope.”
Other Injury Updates 10:25
- Kenneth Walker is not a candidate for IR at this time.
“Kenneth Walker, not a candidate for IR at this time.”
- Desmond Ritter will start for the Falcons, while Geno Smith is sidelined with no structural issues.
“Pete Carroll said no structural issue to Geno Smith.” “Desmond Ritter will start for the Falcons.”
- Derek Carr remains in concussion protocol, raising questions about who will start for the Raiders.
“Derek Carr remains in concussion protocol.” “So we will be monitoring that closely whether we get a James Winston experience or not.”
- Devonta Freeman is not ruled out yet, but his status is uncertain.
“Devon Achan not been ruled out yet.”
- Justin Jefferson is questionable again for the upcoming Monday night game against the Bears.
“Justin Jefferson questionable again.” “Monday night against the Bears.” “I don’t think he plays.”
- The Packers signed Patrick Taylor from the practice squad, suggesting concerns about Aaron Jones‘ availability.
- AJ Dillon was limited with a groin injury but is expected to play.
“But it’s also Thursday, right?” “It’s an estimated right.” “So I expect AJ Dillon will be all right.”
- James Robinson was signed by the Falcons due to Emmanuel Wilson’s injury.
“And the other sign James Robinson.” “He was also hurt on Sunday.”
Quarterback Situation Updates 10:59
“Tim Boyle will start for the Jets.” “And Boyle did not.” “He does not get me excited.” “We have been clamoring for a different quarterback to be playing than Zach Wilson.” “Sometimes it’s a be careful what you wish for.” “Fine.” “We’ll do it.” “This should be worse.”
“Zach Wilson should be active for this game, but he will be the third-string quarterback.” “He is actually now the backup.”
- The Steelers fired offensive coordinator Matt Canada.
“Steelers fired Matt Canada.”
“Matt Canada, the American.” “Man.” “There was a video.” “I did not see this until just now.” “Yeah.” “This this broke this morning.”
Miscellaneous Updates 14:42
- The Friday game on Black Friday features Tim Boyle as the starting quarterback for the Lions.
“That’s what Amazon wanted when they scheduled Black Friday football.” “They bought their way into that day.” “Oh, 100.” “They existed.” “Yeah.” “They went to the NFL and said, hey.” “Don’t forget, everyone.” “Black Friday with Tim Boyle.”
“Justin Jefferson questionable again.” “Monday night against the Bears.” “I don’t think he plays.”
“The one thing we do know is Michael Thomas won’t be a part of that equation.” “He is going to take some time to recover from a knee injury.”
“Devon Achan not been ruled out yet.”
“Matthew Canada, the American.” “Man.” “There was a video.” “I did not see this until just now.” “Yeah.” “This this broke this morning.” “Wow.”
“Tim Boyle will start for the Jets.” “I guess, you know, we got this news early yesterday.” “I’ll say this, the Vegas line changed by two points with them announcing Tim Boyle over Zach Wilson.” “And when I say two points, I mean two points in favor of the opposition of the Jets.”
“Trevor Simeon also on this roster.” “I don’t understand why he’s not the backup.” “He is actually now the backup.”
Waiver Wire Recommendations 18:10
- Zach Charbonnet is a must-pickup running back for the Seattle Seahawks.
- He may not have the best matchup against the San Francisco 49ers, but he has a three-week run of games where he will get a significant amount of work.
- Charbonnet is a talented player who will receive passes, have goal-line opportunities, and can gain chunk yardage.
- He should be very valuable in fantasy when he becomes a workhorse back.
- AJ Dillon is another option at running back, as he is expected to start for the Green Bay Packers.
- While the matchup against the Detroit Lions is not great, Dillon should receive a significant volume of touches.
- If you can get him off the waiver wire, even if he only gets around 10 fantasy points, it would be a great addition.
- Tye Chandler is also an interesting option, as he has seen a decrease in snaps but still managed to have 14 opportunities.
- Chandler’s speed and potential for increased opportunities make him an intriguing pickup.
“AJ Dillon is the safest play. Tye Chandler remains the most interesting, with room for his opportunities to shift in an upward direction.”
- Keaton Mitchell is another consideration, but Chandler would be the preferred choice over him.
- All of these running backs are worth considering if you need to boost your lineup right away, but keep in mind that they have their own respective challenges and circumstances.
“All of them are in play.”
Waiver Wire RB Options 23:30
- A.J. Dillon and Ezekiel Elliott are both viable waiver pickups this week.
- Dillon has been highly rostered and has had recent game involvement.
- Elliott has had fewer carries but plays against the Giants.
“Who’s more likely to get a touchdown this week, A.J. Dillon by himself, or Zeke in a timeshare against the Giants?”
RB Stashes and Backup Options 24:00
- Roshan Johnson could have opportunities in the next few weeks.
- Justin Fields‘ return could impact the running game positively.
- Damian Pierce could be a depth option but not an immediate starter.
“If Damian Pierce hits waivers after this week, are you picking him up?”
Premier RB Options 24:56
- Premier RB options are limited, and the rest are insurance situations.
- Elijah Mitchell and Latavius Murray are highly recommended pickups.
- Rico Dowdle should be rostered in almost every league.
“You should be stashing these people right now.”
Elijah Mitchell as a Top RB Pick 26:17
- Elijah Mitchell is the top RB pickup due to his potential if CMC gets injured.
- Shane Ahan, the coach, confirmed Mitchell as the backup.
“Elijah Mitchell will be incredible. He is the guy.”
RBs to Monitor 27:03
- Pay attention to Miles Sanders, who could regain the starting role.
- Sanders’ involvement has increased compared to earlier in the season.
“It could continue trending back to where we saw to start the season where he was a 65% player.”
“He’s still, for me, he’s still rostered in a majority of leagues, but 40% of leagues out there, Josh Downs is sitting there, coming off the bye might have needed to be dropped, and he was injured before that.”
“[Rashid Shahid] is a great player and he’s not just a deep threat.”
“Atlanta, Detroit, Carolina on the docket for him [Rashid Shahid].”
“Beckham has been a, has been great. Like he’s had a really strong year considering he plays a very small amount of the snaps week one.”
Beneficiary Player due to Injury 31:58
- Flowers was the beneficiary when Mark Andrews was injured earlier in the year.
“Because flowers, you know, when you talk about the beginning of the year when Mark Andrews was hurt, Zayf Flowers was the beneficiary.”
Change in Usage with Andrews’ Return 32:05
- When Andrews returned, his usage shifted more towards the sideline.
“And then when Andrews came back, he went more to the sideline.”
Uncertainty and Different Opinions 32:09
- There are differing opinions on Bateman and Beckham, and uncertainty about their performance.
“So Jason, I don’t know if you agree.”
Potential waiver pickups at the tight end position 39:40
- Players to consider as potential waiver pickups include Donald Parham, who had 98 targets and 730 receiving yards last year, showcasing his talent.
“This is still a player who last year was, you know, a 98 target, 730 reception or yard tight end. He’s a talented human being.”
Strategies for replacing Mark Andrews in fantasy football 40:03
- If you are in need of a replacement for Mark Andrews, consider picking up Isaiah likely or Pat Friarmeuth, as they both have favorable matchups this week.
- Taking multiple shots at the tight end position by adding both Isaiah likely and Pat Friarmeuth can increase your chances of finding a viable replacement.
“So this week, if you’ve got Mike, let me ask Mike, okay, if you’ve got Isaiah likely or you’ve got Pat Friarmeuth, both have plus matchups.” “I went and got Isaiah likely, Pat Friarmeuth, and Hunter Henry. I’m shotgunning.”
The potential for David Njoku to be a top tight end in the next six weeks 40:59
- There is a decent chance that David Njoku could perform exceptionally well as a tight end over the next six weeks.
- With plus matchups in every game for the rest of the regular season and an impressive track record, Njoku has the potential to be a top fantasy tight end.
“I think that there is a decent chance we get a reprise from David Najoku towards the end of the season.” “He has plus matchups in every single game the rest of the season when you’re talking about tight ends.” “And he’s already been a top 12 tight end five consecutive weeks.”
The importance of considering matchups for tight ends 41:30
- Analyzing the opposition’s performance against tight ends and leaning into favorable matchups can significantly benefit your fantasy football strategy.
- Teams like Denver, Houston, Los Angeles Rams, Cincinnati Bengals, and the Jets have shown vulnerability against tight ends, making them ideal targets.
“You’re looking at the opposition and what they give up to the tight end position and you’re leaning into that.” “Some of the matchups that you look to target the most this year are the Houston Tech at that tight end.”
Recommended streaming quarterback options 47:13
- Trevor Lawrence is a potential streaming quarterback option, especially with upcoming matchups against Houston, Cincinnati, and Cleveland.
- Lawrence’s performances have steadily improved, and he could provide solid fantasy value in the coming weeks.
“If Trevor Lawrence was dropped last week, which he probably was because it was his first, you know, he had a good performance, but it was the first 20 plus point performance this week, 15 last year. Are you forgiving him and just adding some fat, you know, spending FAB to add him?” “He plays Houston, Cincinnati, Cleveland the next three weeks. He’s a streaming option.”
- Trevor Lawrence had a good game last week with the return of Zade Jones.
- The hosts would choose Trevor Lawrence over their streaming candidate.
- Jordan Love has shown inconsistency and has not looked good.
“Now that he’s got Zade Jones back that I’m sure factored into him having a really good game last week.” “So I would play Trevor Lawrence over my streaming candidate, but I wouldn’t just go.” “My streaming candidate this week is Jordan Love, a player who has not looked good.” “One of those things where you can you can really see the talent that’s there, but the inconsistency.”
Matchup Advantage for Jordan Love 48:26
- The matchup against Detroit is favorable for Jordan Love because they are difficult to run against and usually allows a lot of points.
- The game is in Detroit which means it’s in a dome, allowing for better passing conditions.
- Jordan Love is currently ranked as the QB12 in fantasy football.
“This matchup against Detroit is really, really good because we’ve brought it up.” “It’s very difficult to run against Detroit and you can have success throwing and you need to throw because Detroit usually puts up 30 points.” “This is in Detroit, which is great. That means it’s in a dome.”
Receiving Options for Jordan Love 48:48
- Jordan Love has decent receiving options in Jaden Reed, Christian Watson, Romeo Dobs, and John Wicks.
“You look at his receiving options… I like Jaden Reed. I like Christian Watson. I like Romeo Dobs. I like John Wicks.”
- Baker Mayfield is the recommended streaming quarterback option.
- The Indianapolis Colts‘ defense ranks 27th in terms of fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks.
- The Colts’ home games have been high-scoring, making it a good matchup for Baker Mayfield.
- Baker Mayfield has performed well in dome games this season.
“My streamer this week is Baker Mayfield against the Indianapolis Colts… Colts home games are averaging 57 points.” “Over the last five weeks the Falcons, their dead last and schedule adjusted fantasy points allowed to the quarterback position.” “He’s been pretty good and just not getting a lot of help.”
Winston/Carr as a Streaming Option 51:22
- Winston Carr, or whoever starts against Atlanta, is another recommended streaming option due to the favorable matchup.
- The Atlanta Falcons have been consistently allowing high fantasy points to quarterbacks.
- Carr will have good receiving options in Camara, Tayslam, Olave, and Rashid Shahid.
“I’m going to go with the Winston Carr whoever starts against Atlanta because the matchup so good.” “Over the last five weeks the Falcons… their dead last and schedule adjusted fantasy points allowed to the quarterback position.” “If it’s Carr, he’ll have Camara and Tayslam and Olave and Rashid Shahid.”