NFL DFS First Look Salaries & Matchups for Week 17 (Fantasy Football)
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday when Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
These lines are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and are accurate as of time of publishing.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- We have a full 13-game slate this week with a bit of a caveat on FanDuel where curiously LAC/LAR is not in the player pool.
- Only one game currently sits above the 50-point total as Betz mentioned in the Vegas Report.
- Every team on the slate looks like they will be playing their starters so there shouldn’t be any worry concerning resting players.
- NOTE: All salaries are DraftKings specific unless noted ($x-FD)
- Patrick Mahomes ($8500) is the lone QB above $8K this week. At home against the Broncos, the Chiefs have the highest team-implied total (29.3) of the week. He went for 352 and 3 against Denver just three weeks ago. He’s limiting his turnovers this year as the betting favorite for MVP.
- Justin Fields ($7900) is quite expensive as the QB2 on the slate. The Lions are a sieve allowing a 1st down on 38.7 percent of opponent pass attempts, the highest in the NFL. But Fields will pale in roster percentage in the same game as Jared Goff, who, at $5600, is easily going to be the most talked-about player this week for DFS. He’s in the highest total of the week (52) and since Week 4, the Bears allowing 2nd most fantasy points to opposing QBs. Goff at home also has been automatic averaging 277 and 2.5 TDs.
- Aaron Rodgers ($7100-FD) has yet to hit 20+ fantasy points in any game this year. Stacking him this week at home against the Vikings can give you some contrarian builds.
- Brock Purdy ($7000-FD) and the 49ers are 6-point road favorites. He’s been serviceable in three starts (QB8, 14, 13) and the Raiders rank 31st in schedule-adjusted fantasy points allowed to QBs.