NFL DFS First Look Pricing for Week 8 (Fantasy Football)
Another week and another chance to wipe the slate for DFS. On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday where Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate:
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
New York Jets
New England Patriots
Los Angeles Chargers
Washington Football Team
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Week 8 gives us a weird reprise of a “normal slate” after Week 7’s infamous byeapocalypse. Notice the teams off the main slate (GB, ARI, DAL, MIN, NYG, KC) due to Thurs/Sun/Monday Night games. With only two teams on bye (BAL & LV), the player pool is back to being a true wide-open field.
The QB position is without Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Patrick Mahomes and dare I say, Daniel Jones. With the full slate, the most interesting question is whether paying down in cash with a bevy of options is doable this week. Josh Allen ($8100-DK, $8800-FD) is the clear top QB on both sites with his dual-threat ability and passing volume on his side. He’s not priced up enough.
- Jalen Hurts ($7200) has been a bad real-life QB but for fantasy, he’s been a top-10 guy every week. His salary increased ($300) but he’s the QB5 on the slate on DK compared to the QB2 on FanDuel.
- Joe Burrow dismantled the Baltimore Ravens and on the season he has an 8.0% TD rate and leads the NFL in Yards per Completion (13.4).
- Just need to mention that Jameis Winston ($6000) is in a revenge spot against the Buccaneers at home. This game carries the highest total (51) of the week
- Carson Wentz ($5700) is an interesting name as a GPP play.
- Way down there on the board, names such as Trevor Lawrence ($5500), Jared Goff ($5200), and Mac Jones ($5200) are the cheap options. Oh, and Jets starting QB Mike White is super cheap ($5000) but you get to just stand and wave at that price.