NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 9 (Fantasy Football)
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options. On Tuesdays, I share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
*Totals are DraftKings Sportsbook as of the time of publishing.
For newcomers, the main slate for DFS includes the Sunday early (1:00 EST) and afternoon games (4:25 EST). At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- Off the Main Slate: TEN, PIT, MIA, KC, BUF, CIN, LAC, NYJ
- Bye Week Teams: DEN, DET, JAX, SF
- There is some serious star power removed from this slate when you consider the elite matchups in Germany and on Sunday night football. Six of the games on the main slate have a total of 40 points or lower.
- Finding the right game to double-stack will be key with such few options on the board. We only have 4 teams with a team implied total over 23 points currently. PHI/DAL should carry a ton of roster percentage and rightfully so. Seattle is an interesting offense to consider as they’ve averaged 25.8 points per game since Week 2.
- All salaries are DraftKings unless noted for FanDuel (FD).
- The matchup of the week will be the Eagles and Cowboys with Jalen Hurts ($8000) and Dak Prescott ($6500) both looking like solid options this week. Dak looked poised this past week and the Eagles pass defense is inviting opposing QBs to relentlessly take shots and up the volume. Opposing offenses are averaging 39.8 attempts per game, 2nd in the NFL. Dak looks like the early favorite to be the top cash game QB of the week.