NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 7 (Fantasy Football)
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
These lines are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and are accurate as of time of publishing.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- This is our second bye week with four teams once again off the slate: Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, and Philadelphia Eagles. Last week wasn’t as difficult as those Week 6 byes had six combined wins but we will certainly be missing some of the top options, especially at QB (Josh Allen & Jalen Hurts) and WR (Stefon Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Cooper Kupp & A.J. Brown).
- We do clearly have 4+ upper echelon games (48+) separating from the pack as opposed to only two afternoon games on the slate last week that looked juicy.
- After the field was burned by the Buccaneers last week, it will be interesting how much the field leans into onslaught builds this week. We have six teams currently sitting as 6+ point favorites.
- With Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts off the slate, it’s time for Lamar Jackson ($8000) to reassert him as an alpha this week versus Cleveland. He’s been silent in the second halves of games recently. On the season, he’s running enough but the turnovers should be cleaned up.
- After coming off a monster week as the QB1 with four total TDs, Joe Burrow ($6900) is a value this week. Over the last four weeks, the Bengals rank #1 in neutral pass rate and face an Atlanta defense allowing the 2nd highest completion rate (69%) and the most passing yards in the NFL.
- It didn’t work last week but Tom Brady ($6300) once again finds himself as a heavy road favorite this week at Carolina.
- Whew, baby Davis Mills ($5000) is buried this week in salaries. The Raiders are DEAD LAST in fantasy points per game allowed to the QB position. If you adjust for schedule, they are… wait for it… also DEAD LAST. In a GPP, you could do worse as long as you are sporting some steel underpants.