NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 5 (Fantasy Football)
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
These lines are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and are accurate as of time of publishing.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- This slate is minus one with an early game (NYG/GB) in London yet again.
- Off the main slate this week: DEN, IND, BAL, CIN, KC, & LV.
- With no games over 50, the slate isn’t sexy by any means. However, there are a number of enticing games in the 47-49.5 point range which is gold for DFS from our research. They are often undervalued and hit the over more than the 50-point games.
- The SF-CAR game is laughable at a 39-point total. This is mostly an anti-Baker take and I’m here for it.
- Josh Allen ($8200) drops $200 and stares down the Steelers this week as a 14-point home favorite. With a 30+ team implied total, you can’t go wrong with the Bills. Jalen Hurts ($8100) might have the better overall matchup against a Cardinals defense with the fewest sacks in the NFL.
- Tom Brady ($6000) showed some life this past week against the Chiefs but his salary remains quite low. The Buccaneers are 8.5-point home favorites against the Falcons, a team he has destroyed over the last two years.
|Date||Week||Score||Pass Yards||TDs||DK Points|