NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 4 (Fantasy Football)
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options. On Tuesdays, I share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
For newcomers, the main slate for DFS includes the Sunday early (1:00 EST) and afternoon games (4:05 EST). At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- There is a London “home” game for the Jaguars… aka early Sunday morning football. We do NOT include this game on the main slate.
- Once again, we have ONE game head and shoulders above the rest as Miami and Buffalo project to be an absolute barn-burner between two offenses we love for DFS purposes.
- Only 3 games in the afternoon slate. Why why why?
- The onslaught builds return against but are the Cardinals ready to spoil again as 14-point road underdogs.
- All salaries listed below are DraftKings unless noted for FanDuel (FD).
- The two QBs of note this week will be Josh Allen ($8200, $9000-FD) & Tua Tagovailoa ($7400, $8000-FD) and how you handle double-stacking options. The Tua + Tyreek combo is basically unstoppable and I’ve mentioned his insane road splits way too many times in this article.
Tyreek Hill has now run 458 career routes over 16 games with Tua on the field.
On those those routes…
3.74 yards per route
35.2% target rate per route
44.0% of the team's air yards
— Rich Hribar (@LordReebs) September 25, 2023