NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 10 (Fantasy Football)
On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays, before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday when Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
These lines are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook and are accurate as of time of publishing.
At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- Hello Germany! We get our first-ever NFL game in Munich between the NFC West-leading Seahawks and Tom Brady‘s Buccaneers. With four teams on bye + this early game, we have the ten-game slate as last week. More condensed chalk, fewer options especially at TE.
- There are three games above 48+ points upon first glance. The KC/JAX game projects to be the most popular of the week.
- The MIN/BUF game hinges on the news of Josh Allen‘s elbow as Betz detailed in the injury report. The total began the week at 49.5 and has been sinking. It’s worth noting that Bills game have hit the under in 7-of-8 weeks.
- The afternoon slate gets boosted back to three games after last week’s joke of a two-game afternoon slate.
- On Bye: CIN, NE, NYJ, BAL
- Off Main Slate: CAR, ATL, SEA, TB, LAC, SF, WAS, PHI
We mentioned last week that there were two options at QB… it was pretty limiting. Justin Fields will continue to be the latest hotness while the stacking options are more plentiful to get different in GPPs this week.
- Patrick Mahomes ($7900) looks like an early favorite alongside Fields for cash constructions. Last week, he attempted the 3rd most pass attempts in a game… ever. He’s now on pace for 5,536 passing yards, an NFL record.
- Tua Tagovailoa ($6700) and the Dolphins just can’t stop throwing with the 5th highest pass rate over expectation over the last month. It helps that the Miami defense is a turnstile each week.
Pass rate over expectation leaders through Week 9 and over the last 4 weeks (MNF pending).
The #Titans are playing bully ball with Malik Willis pic.twitter.com/9gMV6owUTi
— Sam Hoppen (@SamHoppen) November 7, 2022
- Coming off a legendary performance last week, Justin Fields ($6500) receives a worthy price bump. The matchup against Detroit says you keep playing this guy after a regular season record 178 rushing yards. In the same game, I could see someone “flipping the script” with Jared Goff ($5500) at Chicago in a GPP.
- It’s gross but it’s worth mentioning that Andy Dalton ($5500) and the Saints passing attack are in a good spot. The Steelers are allowing 2nd highest yards per attempt (behind only the Lions) and a QB1 performance in 6-of-8 weeks. Maybe this is more about having confidence in Chris Olave than Dalton.
- If Josh Allen misses, you might need to at least consider Case Keenum ($5000) in a revenge game against Minnesota.