DFS Vegas Report for Week 10
Each week I’ll preview the five most important games from a Vegas total perspective and how to attack each game in DFS. I’ll highlight which players are the most stackable, who are recommended cash and GPP plays, and who looks like they should be faded. Listen and subscribe to the Fantasy Footballers’ DFS Podcast as we analyze these games for the main slate every Friday.
Week 9 Recap
- Seahawks @ Bills, Over 78 total points – What a fun game from a DFS game stack perspective. Josh Allen and his pass catchers went nuts, forcing Seattle into a ton of passing volume for Russ and his pass-catchers. Tyler Lockett disappointed, especially being a chalk play this past week, but all in all this game didn’t disappoint. It turns out that Seattle’s secondary can help get any struggling QB back on track.
- Broncos @ Falcons, Over 61 total points – With the Falcons playing up in pace and throwing at an elevated rate relative to other passing offenses, the Falcons were setup for success, especially with the Broncos missing multiple CBs in their secondary. Matt Ryan‘s ability to push the ball downfield forced Drew Lock into a ton of second half passing volume, making this a great game stack.
- Panthers @ Chiefs, Over 63 total points – In Christian McCaffrey‘s first game back, he was excellent…until he got hurt. We can safely project the Chiefs to put up points every single week, and when forced to go up in tempo and push the ball downfield, Teddy Bridgewater is certainly capable of keeping up.
- Raiders @ Chargers, Over 57 total points – Two subpar defenses + two underrated offenses = DFS game stack goodness. Derek Carr is quietly playing some of the best football of his career, helping to keep the Raiders involved in high scoring shootouts given that their defense continues to rank towards the bottom of most categories. The Justin Herbert flames continue and my goodness, Keenan Allen is as safe of a cash game play every week as there is in football.
- Lions @ Vikings, Over 54 total points – There was some uncertainty regarding Matthew Stafford‘s availability for this game given that he spent the entire week on the Covid list, but he returned and was able to move the ball downfield effectively in order to try to keep up with the Minnesota Dalvin Cooks…I mean, the Vikings. Dalvin has been a GPP winner two weeks in a row.
Buffalo Bills @ Arizona Cardinals, AZ -2, O/U: 55.5
This is going to be a fun matchup between fantasy football’s QB1, Kyler Murray, and fantasy’s QB4, Josh Allen. Both QBs run prolific offenses who can move the ball both through the air and on the ground with their legs. For reference, Kyler is currently on pace 1,086 rushing yards and SIXTEEN rushing TDs. His 9 individual rushing TDs so far this season are more than 17 NFL teams. Clearly, we want to play some Kyler this week in a matchup against the Bills who are bleeding fantasy points to opposing QBs. Not including their two games against the Jets, the Bills are allowing an average of 24 fantasy points per game to opposing QBs. We certainly want to play Kyler stacks this week against a Bills defense that ranks bottom 12 in the league against the pass and the run. The Cardinals are ripping off the 6th most plays per game in the NFL, suggesting that they should push the Bills to play faster if they can get out to a lead.