Fantasy Football: Interesting Statistics Through Week 7
Who doesn’t love a good stat? I wrote a stats article after just 2 weeks of NFL games because I noticed there were too many amazing stats I researched and had to share. Well, since then, I’ve been writing the weekly waiver wire article and I know there have been plenty of stat nuggets in the last 5 weeks of football. You can follow me, @DomiNateFF where you’ll find me tweeting out more intriguing statistics as the season moves along. So without further ado, here are some interesting stats through Week 7 of the NFL season.
1) DeAndre Hopkins is the only WR1 in standard scoring to not have a game with fewer than 7 fantasy points through the first 7 weeks.
2) Through Week 7, Amari Cooper has more fantasy points than Julio Jones in standard leagues. It’s worth noting, Julio Jones had a bye week and Cooper’s bye isn’t until Week 10. Still impressive stat considering Cooper had a combined 20.6 fantasy points through the first 6 weeks of the season.
5) Butterfingers? Wide receiver, Tavon Austin leads the league in both fumbles (4) and fumbles lost (3).
6) Kirk Cousins was a top 10 fantasy QB without a top 50 WR or top 24 TE through the first 6 weeks of the season.
7) Kicker, Greg Zuerlein has more fantasy points the number 2 wide receiver, the number 7 running back, and more points than any tight end in the NFL.
8) Alex Smith is the only quarterback (that has played in 3 or more games) to not throw an interception on the season.
9) Through 7 weeks Antonio Brown has 220 more receiving yards, 17 more targets, 7 more receptions, and 19.8 more fantasy points than the next wide receiver and all of those categories.
10) Through 7 weeks, running back, Christian McCaffrey has 44 receptions. This is the 3rd most receptions amongst all wide receivers, let alone running backs.
12) The New England Patriots led all NFL teams in points scored (99) through the first 3 weeks except one, The Los Angeles Rams (107).
13) The Seattle Seahawks DST have allowed the fewest points in the league (94), however, ranks outside of the top 10 fantasy DSTs.
14) Adrian Peterson recorded 27 total carries in his 4 weeks with the New Orleans Saints. In his first game with the Arizona Cardinals, he had 26 carries.
15) Through the first 3 weeks, Jared Goff led all QBs in fantasy points on 3rd down plays. He also ranked 2nd on red zone plays behind Trevor Siemian. Ya know, the two likely quarterbacks to be mentioned in these categories.