Fantasy Football: Interesting Statistics From Weeks 1 & 2
The first two weeks of the NFL season has already given us plenty to talk about. Certain key players underperforming, injuries, and a lot of unexpected, fantasy football emotional ups and downs. Sure, I can provide you with stats at the end of the season but why not now when there is already a lot to examine? Below you will find 15 stats that jumped out to me in the first two weeks. You can follow me over @DomiNateFF where I’ll tweet out more intriguing statistics as the season goes along. Here they are through Weeks 1 and 2:
1) Jay Ajayi was a top 10 RB in rushing yards through the first 2 weeks of the season & he didn’t play a game Week 1.
2) Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton, and Eli Manning all COMBINED for just 2 passing TDs in Week 1.
3) The quarterbacks listed above bounced back and combined for 10 passing TDs in Week 2.
4) Running backs David Johnson, Le’Veon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Devonta Freeman, DeMarco Murray, Todd Gurley, and Jordan Howard had COMBINED average of 40 rushing yards Week 1.
5) Antonio Brown was perfect 100% in Week 1 with 11 receptions on 11 targets. That’s a 1st rounder giving you your return on investment.
6) Only three 1st round picks (Melvin Gordon, Antonio Brown, & LeSean McCoy) had double-digit fantasy points in standard leagues after in Week 1.
7) You know it’s an odd week in fantasy football when LeSean McCoy & Zeke Elliot combine for 17 rushing yards in Week 2.
8) Not your usual suspects but through 2 weeks, Coby Fleener, Travis Kelce, Jason Witten, and Zach Miller led all tight ends in red zone targets with 4.
9) Through 2 weeks Chicago Bears quarterback, Mike Glennon leads the league in pass attempts in the red zone with 16 (tied with Drew Brees).
10) Only two wide receivers had over 200 receiving yards through the first 2 weeks… Antonio Brown and Adam Thielen.
11) Kareem Hunt was the only running back that produced over 200 rushing yards through the first 2 weeks.
12) C.J. Anderson just missed the mark with 199 total rushing yards.
13) A player that you have not heard of and may not hear about again, Khalif Raymond, wide receiver for the NY Jets, led the league with 3 fumbles through the first two weeks.
14) David Johnson, in his only game of the season, led all running backs in Week 1 with 2 fumbles.
15) The Baltimore Ravens defense had 8 interceptions through Week two. That is twice as much as the Detroit Lions defense, who had the second most with 4.