Fantasy Football: Interesting Statistics From Weeks 1 & 2
The first two weeks of the NFL season has already given us plenty to talk about. Certain key players underperforming, injuries, and a lot of unexpected, fantasy football emotional ups and downs. Sure, I can provide you with stats at the end of the season but why not now when there is already a lot to examine? Below you will find 15 stats that jumped out to me in the first two weeks. You can follow me over @DomiNateFF where I’ll tweet out more intriguing statistics as the season goes along. Here they are through Weeks 1 and 2:
1) Jay Ajayi was a top 10 RB in rushing yards through the first 2 weeks of the season & he didn’t play a game Week 1.
3) The quarterbacks listed above bounced back and combined for 10 passing TDs in Week 2.
5) Antonio Brown was perfect 100% in Week 1 with 11 receptions on 11 targets. That’s a 1st rounder giving you your return on investment.
7) You know it’s an odd week in fantasy football when LeSean McCoy & Zeke Elliot combine for 17 rushing yards in Week 2.
11) Kareem Hunt was the only running back that produced over 200 rushing yards through the first 2 weeks.
12) C.J. Anderson just missed the mark with 199 total rushing yards.
13) A player that you have not heard of and may not hear about again, Khalif Raymond, wide receiver for the NY Jets, led the league with 3 fumbles through the first two weeks.
14) David Johnson, in his only game of the season, led all running backs in Week 1 with 2 fumbles.
15) The Baltimore Ravens defense had 8 interceptions through Week two. That is twice as much as the Detroit Lions defense, who had the second most with 4.