5 Trade Deadline Names to Target
Today marks the trade deadline for most leagues, so here are a few names I see as solid candidates to trade for.
- Philip Rivers – Rivers is coming off his worst week of the season, scoring only 5 points at home against the Chiefs. Chances are, you can get him for a discount. If you have a QB like Eli, Romo or Ryan, look to pair them with a lower level RB or WR to grab Rivers, who should still be considered a top 5 or 6 option at the position.
- Matt Forte – He won’t be terribly cheap, but I expect low end RB1 performance the rest of the way. Most see him as a high end RB2, so chances are you can nab him for a great price.
- Chris Ivory – He can likely be had for 75 cents on the dollar, coming off a rough 3 point performance. He has been an injury concern all year, but he is the clear cut #1 option in the Jet backfield, and he’s been good for the #7 overall RB despite missing a game. Seek to package a couple mid-level players to get Ivory.
- A.J. Green – Green has had a strange season. He’s had a 34 and a 17 point game, but otherwise has only averaged 6.25 points per game. He’s still been good for the #11 overall WR, but Green owners aren’t getting exactly what they expected. If you can get him for WR2 price, do it, because he will perform as a top 10 guy the next 5 weeks.
- Antonio Gates – Gates suffered from the Chargers ineptitude on Sunday, and only had 1 catch for 6 yards. He was seen arguing with Rivers on the sidelines, as Kansas City dismantled the Bolts 33-3. Don’t expect anything like that the rest of the season. Gates is still a staple of that offense and should see a ton of targets moving forward, especially with Keenan Allen sidelined for the year. If you’re streaming TEs, make a move for Gates, and know you’ve got a solid TE1 moving into the playoffs.