Week 6 Matchups + Start/Sit Help, Wheel of Shame!
Get notifications when new episodes are released
Week 6 is here! On today’s fantasy football podcast, lots of spooky start/sit decisions! Plus, matchup previews and reactions to Thursday Night Football! Plus, NFL News, injury updates, and Mike spins the Wheel of Shame during the “Fantasy Faceoff”! Manage your redraft, keeper, and dynasty fantasy football teams with the #1 fantasy football podcast. — Fantasy Football Podcast for October 13th, 2023.
Connect with the show:
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Visit us on the Web
- Support the Show
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Join our Discord
Check out today’s sponsors:
News & Notes presented by USAA. Visit https://USAA.com/Insurance
Fantasy Faceoff presented by DraftKings. Visit https://www.draftkings.com/
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL/IN/LA/MI/NJ/PA/WV/WY), 1-800-NEXT STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO/NH), 888-789-7777/visit http://ccpg.org/chat (CT), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 877-8-HOPENY/text HOPENY (467369) (NY), visit OPGR.org (OR), call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN), or 1-888-532-3500 (VA).
21+ (18+ NH/WY). Physically present in AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/LA(select parishes)/MI/NH/NJ/ NY/OR/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. New customer offer void in NH/OR/ONT-CA. $200 in Free bets: New customers only. Valid 1 per new customer. Min. $5 deposit. Min $5 wager. $200 issued as eight (8) $25 free bets. Ends 9/19/23 @ 8pm. Early Win: 1 Early Win Token issued per eligible game. Opt in req. Token expires at start of eligible game. Min moneyline bet $1. Wagering limits apply. Wagers placed on both sides of moneyline will void bet. Ends 1/5/24 @ 8pm ET. See terms at sportsbook.draftkings.com/footballterms
Recap of the Thursday Night Football game 03:11
- The hosts briefly discuss the Thursday Night Football game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Denver Broncos.
- They note that the Chiefs won with a final score of 19-9.
- They mention the performance of Travis Kelsey and Isaiah Pacheco in the game.
“Yeah, let’s get right into that. I mean, you did not lose on Thursday night to Isaiah Pacheco and Travis Kelsey, but they were the entire offense.” “19 to 8. The Chiefs win the game.”
Analysis of Travis Kelce‘s performance 03:23
- The hosts discuss Travis Kelsey’s impact in the game and his ability to find empty space and sit down during plays.
- They mention a play where Kelsey pointed to a different option for the quarterback, Patrick Mahomes.
“Travis Kelsey doesn’t even run routes. He just goes out there and finds an empty space and sits down.” “Did you see the play where Travis Kelsey pointed to a different option? Did you not get to see this?”
Discussion about the Denver Broncos offense 07:37
- The hosts talk about the struggles of the Denver Broncos offense, particularly their passing game.
- They mention the lack of downfield plays and Russell Wilson‘s limited passing yards.
“There was 95 passing yards for Russell Wilson. They never tried to do anything downfield.” “Cortland Sutton had a great touchdown catch on a play that, you know, like doesn’t succeed for most teams ever.”
Analysis of the situation with Jerry Jeudy 07:42
- The hosts discuss the situation with Jerry Judy, who seems to be phased out of the Denver Broncos offense.
- They mention that the team is willing to trade him and his playing time has decreased.
“He’s clearly being phased out of this offense and the team has acknowledged they’re willing to move him.” “Like he’s gone. He’s out the door. That snaps went down yesterday.”
News and Notes 10:07
- Deshaun Watson will not play due to a shoulder injury.
- Amari Cooper is a risky start.
- Mike Evans is fully recovered and will play on Sunday.
- T Higgins might play, but it’s uncertain.
- Amari Cooper or T Higgins decision depends on the news regarding Higgins’ availability.
- Jeff Wilson and Miles Sanders did limited practices.
- Khalil Herbert and Rochon Johnson are still sidelined.
- Sam LaPorta injured his calf and his status is uncertain.
- Jamir Gibbs did not practice and is likely to be absent.
- Almanra had a full practice, which is good news.
- Daniel Jones won’t play on Sunday.
- Tyrod Taylor might have a revenge narrative against his former team.
- Saquon and Darren Waller had limited practices.
- Chris O’Lave is back to a full practice.
“Injuries are starting to pile up.” 12:59
Tee Higgins‘ Availability 13:14
- T Higgins will be a game-time decision.
Saints vs Texans Preview 13:31
- New Orleans is favored to win by 1.5 points.
- All five of New Orleans’ games have hit the under in terms of points.
- Chris O’Lave has been underwhelming due to the team’s offensive struggles.
- Michael Thomas is a viable option, especially in PPR leagues.
- Alvin Camara is a great start this week against Houston’s weak defense.
- Houston’s offense may struggle against a disciplined Saints defense.
- Nico Collins and CJ Stroud may face challenges in this matchup.
“This game does not feel like a good one for Houston.” 16:12
“You’re not getting anything special, but he’s been very consistently giving you about eight points.” 14:54
Comparing Dameon Pierce and Rachaad White 16:50
- If choosing between Damian Pierce and Rashad White, it’s a close call.
- Rashad White might have an advantage because he is involved in the passing game.
- Pierce had limited receptions in previous games.
“The problem there is Rashad White’s gonna get some passes. I mean, Damian Pierce-” “I think those two are very, very close.”
Rhamondre Stevenson‘s Disappointing Performance 17:14
- Ramondre Stevenson’s performance so far has been disappointing.
- He is not recommended to start in this week’s matchup against the Las Vegas Raiders.
“What about the very disappointing so far, Ramondre Stevenson.” “No, I’m gonna play Pierce and Rashad White over Ramondre.”
Colts Options vs Rhamondre Stevenson 17:24
- If choosing between Colts options and Ramondre Stevenson, the Colts options are preferred.
- Damian Pierce is preferred due to the volume of snaps he receives.
“And then what about the Colts? The Colts guys?” “Over Ramondre or over-” “No, I’ll play Pierce for the volume.”
Low Usage of Michael Mayer 22:05
- Michael Mayer‘s involvement in the offense has been limited.
- He is not expected to have fantasy relevance at this time.
“I mean, we’ll keep our eye on Michael Mayer. He finally got some play.” “So, yeah, fantasy relevance is not on the way for Mayer.”
Raiders Defense as a Sneaky Play 20:03
- The Raiders defense is considered a sneaky play for this week.
- Despite not being a favorable matchup for quarterbacks and wide receivers, they have performed well against tight ends and running backs.
“I genuinely think the Raiders are a better defensive play in this game than the Patriots defenses.” “New England has scored three points in two weeks.”
Ramondre Stevenson’s Potential 20:44
- Ramondre Stevenson has the potential to have a good game despite difficult matchups.
- He has struggled with decreasing snaps and utilization, but this matchup might be a chance for him to bounce back.
“I think that this is the game that Ramondres kind of gets back on track and is a top 24 play.” “But I think that this is the game that Ramondres kind of gets back on track and is a top 24 play.”
Cardinals vs. Rams Matchup 23:25
- The Cardinals face a tough matchup against the Rams.
- The Rams are favored to win by a touchdown.
“The one and four Cardinals travel to Los Angeles to take on the Rams.” “DraftKings Sportsbook line Rams minus seven of Runders 49 points.”
The Rams’ weakness at the tight end position 24:17
- The Rams are very weak at the tight end position.
- The Cardinals have three tight ends on their roster.
- The Cardinals’ best tight end is Ertz.
“The tight end position is where the Rams are very weak, and the Cardinals have three of them.” 24:17
Discussing the hopes and dreams of the Cardinals 24:31
- From a dynasty perspective, the hopes and dreams of the Cardinals may have sailed.
- McBride’s departure doesn’t mean the hopes and dreams have left completely.
- However, the ship has definitely left the dock.
“Has the ship just totally sailed on the hopes and dreams of the Cardinals? Of McBride. They, I don’t know that they’ve left, like they’re not out of the bay. The boat has definitely left the dock.” 24:45
Speculating swim and reaching a distant boat 25:10
- The hosts discuss how long they could swim before running out of energy.
- There is a fascination with how far one could swim without getting tired.
- The hosts mention the back float and the importance of being able to rest during a long swim.
- They tread into the topic of riptides and how they pull people out to sea.
“I do wonder how long I could swim before, like, I run out of gas… And there is a way to an inflated sense of confidence of how far you could get swim… You have to be able to back float, so you can rest… the reason people drown there, it’s not like the riptide sucks you down to the bottom of the ocean ’cause it like pulls you out to sea.” 25:10
Assessment of the Cardinals’ backfield players 27:13
- The three players likely to take all the backfield snaps for the Cardinals are Keonti Ingraham, Amari DiMarcato, and Rhondale Moore.
- Ingraham has been limited all week and missed the last few games with a neck injury.
- Ingraham currently holds the starting position, but DiMarcato has a chance to overtake him when he returns.
“Keonti Ingraham, Amari DiMarcato, Rhondale Moore. These are the three players likely to take all the backfield snaps for their Arizona Cardinals… Ingraham has been limited all week… He’s currently listed as the one because look, my thought is a player doesn’t just lose their job because they’re hurt” 27:13
Expectations for Hollywood Brown’s return 27:53
- The hosts expect Hollywood Brown to be back on the field.
- He has been limited due to an illness but usually bounces back quickly.
“Hollywood Brown, we expect him back out there, right? Yeah, he’s, I mean, he’s limited today. I think he missed on Wednesday, but it’s an illness. So usually these guys bounce back.” 27:53
Positive outlook for Kyren Williams 28:09
- The hosts anticipate a big game from Kyren Williams.
- The Cardinals have struggled to stop the run, making it a favorable matchup for Williams.
- Williams is expected to see around 20 opportunities in the game.
Discussion on Kyren Williams‘ involvement in the passing game 28:35
- Williams’ involvement in the passing game has fluctuated.
- In recent weeks, his targets have decreased.
- The hosts question whether Cooper Cup’s return will impact Williams’ targets.
- They also mention the start sit tool on their website that tracks popular inquiries, such as David Montgomery or Kyren Williams.
“The receptions will be interesting because he really spiked in week 10… Does it kind of level out at two to three targets a week?… one of the biggest questions on our start sit tool.” 28:35
Montgomery vs. Williams start/sit decision 29:08
- The hosts discuss a start/sit decision between David Montgomery and Kyren Williams.
- One host favors Montgomery, while the other is leaning towards Williams.
- They mention that in their rankings, Montgomery and Williams are currently back to back.
Previewing the Philadelphia vs. New York Jets matchup 29:53
- The Philadelphia Eagles, with a 5-0 record, are facing the 2-3 New York Jets.
- The Eagles are favored by 7 points according to the Draft King Sportsbook line.
- The over/under is set at 41 points.
- Garrett Wilson has been a disappointment for fantasy football players.
- Despite high expectations, Wilson has not been able to produce consistently.
“I think the entire world was disappointed because that was the moment…This was when you’re going to actually get some good production from, from Garrett Wilson, but you did not.”
Start/Sit decisions involving Garrett Wilson 31:28
- There is uncertainty about whether to start or sit Garrett Wilson in Week 6.
- The podcast hosts discuss popular searches involving Wilson’s matchup against the Chicago Bears.
Potential production for Garrett Wilson 31:53
- The hosts discuss the potential for Wilson to have a productive week.
- They mention that the Philadelphia Eagles defense has allowed a high number of points to opposing fantasy wide receivers.
- They believe Wilson could potentially score 15 points and even get a touchdown in this matchup.
“I think Garrett Wilson can get you 15 this week with the potential of a touchdown.”
Assessing the Philadelphia Eagles players 32:50
- The hosts discuss the players from the Philadelphia Eagles and their fantasy value.
- They express confidence in players like Jalen Hurts, D’Andre Swift, Antonio Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert.
“Hertz, Swift, Brown, Smith, Goddard…You know, he’s good. Like I’ll go great. Dallas Goddard is a great tight end, especially for a pass-catching tight end.”
Uncertainty with Brown and Smith’s performances 33:43
- The hosts discuss the inconsistency in the performances of Antonio Brown and DeVonta Smith throughout the season.
- They mention the unpredictability of which player will have a standout week.
“I don’t think Brown and Smith have Monster Weeks together…I can’t tell you if it’s going to continue as it has, which has been all Brown, no Smith.”
Evaluating Breece Hall‘s matchup 34:23
- Breece Hall is discussed in relation to his matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles, who have a strong run defense.
- The hosts consider Hall’s potential to break off a big play but acknowledge the challenge he faces.
- They rank him at 18 among running backs for the week.
“If I’m Philly, I know what my job is in this game, it is to make Breece Hall ineffective…I have them right now at 18.”
Mike Evans and Chris Godwin as viable options 36:23
- The hosts discuss the return of Mike Evans and how it affects Chris Godwin‘s value.
- They express confidence in both players for fantasy purposes due to the weak defense of the Detroit Lions.
Rachaad White and his fantasy outlook 36:04
- The hosts express skepticism about the fantasy value of Rashad White.
- They mention his inconsistency in previous performances and express doubt about his potential this week.
“With Rashad White, you’re looking at hopes and dreams…You are that out on Rashad White.”
Tampa Bay Defense and Low Over Under 37:28
- The Tampa Bay defense has been performing well.
- The game has a low over under at 42.
“The Tampa Bay defense has been pretty good and you have a low over under in this game.”
Use of Light Up Balls in the NFL 37:33
- The hosts discuss the possibility of using light up balls in the NFL.
- They mention using high-resolution goal line cameras as a priority.
“Has the NFL ever considered using one of those light up balls?” “Not until we get some sort of high-resolution goal line camera.”
Baseball Slow-Mo Cameras vs NFL 38:11
- The hosts compare the advanced slow-motion cameras used in baseball to those in the NFL.
- They appreciate the clarity and reduced controversy in baseball due to the technology.
“Some of the baseball slow-mo camera, the like that they have, it’s unbelievable, I don’t know if anybody else has watched this.” “I feel like a baseball game is less subject to the, you know, the controversy we got with the Vikings and the Chiefs.”
Baker Mayfield in Two-QB League 39:17
- The hosts briefly discuss starting Baker Mayfield in a two-quarterback league.
- One host suggests streaming him over Dobbs, but the other disagrees.
“Baker Mayfield, you’re not thinking about that this week?” “No, I’d play Dobbs with the rushing.”
Injury Updates and Start/Sit Decisions 39:38
- The hosts discuss the potential availability of players like Almondo St. Brown and Darren Waller.
- They provide insights into the impact of injuries on playing decisions.
“Almond Ra, if he plays, he’s in. But full on Thursday would be a trend that he’s going to go.” “I mean, do you even want to play Darren Waller in this game?”
Giant’s Offense and Waller Backup Options 40:58
- The hosts express skepticism about the New York Giants‘ offense.
- They discuss potential alternate options at tight end in case of Darren Waller‘s absence.
“If Seguin does not play in this game, do the Giants score more than three points?” “Would you play [Hunter Henry] against the Raiders who it’s a great matchup?”
The Dilemma of Giant Wide Receivers 42:14
- The hosts jokingly discuss the lack of production from the New York Giants‘ wide receivers.
- They imagine a scenario with an extremely tall receiver causing havoc.
“If a giant wide receiver catches four more passes, their name will be, I’m sorry.” “So I started thinking of a huge, I thought of like an eight-foot man.”
Buffalo Bills and Offensive Players 43:12
- The hosts discuss the Buffalo Bills‘ matchup with the New York Giants.
- They analyze the potential performance of players like Stefon Diggs and Gabriel Davis.
“Sunday night, the Giants one and four, Buffalo’s three and two.” “Stefan Diggs, get him in there. Gabe Davis currently leading.”
James Cook‘s Poor Performance 43:22
- The hosts discuss James Cook‘s negative rushing yards in the previous game.
- They attribute it to the team’s overall struggles and expect improvement against a weak Giants defense.
“Last week, negative four rushing yards… But I think you probably throw that one away.”
Dalton Kincaid in concussion protocol 44:06
- Don Kinkade is still in the concussion protocol ahead of Friday’s practice.
- This indicates that Kinkade may not be available to play in the upcoming game.
“Don Kinkade is still in the concussion protocol ahead of Friday’s practice.”
Dawson Knox‘s limited status and potential to play 44:10
- Dawson Knox is limited, but it seems like he will play.
- Despite his limited status, there is optimism surrounding his availability.
“Dawson Knox is limited, but seems like he will play.”
Comparing Dawson Knox and Darren Waller 44:14
- The question is asked whether it would be a good idea to play Dawson Knox over Darren Waller, given Kinkade’s absence.
- The response is negative, indicating a preference for Darren Waller over Dawson Knox.
Monday night game preview: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers 45:03
- A preview of the Monday night game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Los Angeles Chargers is discussed.
- The Dallas Cowboys are favored by two points on the road.
- The over/under for the game is set at 50.5 points.
“Dallas three and two chargers, two and two, fun Monday night game.” “The Dallas Cowboys two point road favorites.” “The over/under is 50 and a half.”
Reflection on the point spread for the Cowboys-Chargers game 45:10
- The question is raised whether the Cowboys’ performance in the previous week affects the point spread in the upcoming game.
- The response is that it is not surprising, and the point spread is seen as appropriate.
“Is that surprising to you after last week’s performance?” “No.” “The over/under is 50 and a half. Is the, no, I think it’s where it should be.”
Key players and considerations in the Cowboys-Chargers game 45:26
- Key players mentioned for the game include Justin Herbert, Austin Eckler, and Keenan Allen.
- Start/sit decisions for the Chargers, such as Josh Palmer or Clinton Johnson, are briefly discussed.
- The recommendation is to consider playing Palmer as a third wide receiver or in the flex position, with tempered expectations.
“Justin Herbert, of course, Austin Eckler.” “Keenan Allen forever and always.” “Josh Palmer or Clinton Johnson.” “I’m willing to play Palmer if I paid up and I really need that third wide receiver or flex.”
Start/sit decision for Dak Prescott 46:52
- There is a discussion about whether to start Dak Prescott or Jared Goff.
- Dak Prescott is highlighted as having a favorable matchup against the Chargers.
- Despite the potential upside, concerns are raised about Mike McCarthy’s handling of the Cowboys’ offense.
- The decision ultimately depends on the individual’s team needs and risk tolerance.
“Of like Tony Pollard is in, CD Lamb is in, despite Mike McCarthy doing his best to destroy the fantasy value of everybody for the Dallas Cowboys offense.” “Asking the wrong person, but you’re, we’re on the air.” “So you have to answer truthfully.” “He should be needed in this game.” “There is a gigantic Mike McCarthy problem.” “So look, it’s, it’s a, did you get steel underpants for the week?” “I mean, I don’t, I don’t know if I have them.” “I feel like you’d have to put them, you might have to put on the, the Titanium’s.”
“Mike, I’m making a joke because they pronounce it so differently.” “It was so dumb.”
Review of last week’s struggles 50:41
- The team already had difficulties with the Jaguar and Jaguar.
- There is a problem with the Jaguar team.
“I mean, now this is a problem.”
Injury updates 51:08
- Miles Sanders is out.
- Chuba Hubbard is in.
- The Dolphin team is still undecided on activating Jeff Wilson.
- If they don’t activate him, Solvon Akmed is recommended as a start of the week.
- Sam LaPorta‘s situation is uncertain.
- Odell Beckham is playing, but Nijoku is questionable due to injury.
“If they don’t, this is where my start of the week was most hurt and I’d put Solvon Akmed in.”
Wheel of Shame punishment 52:06
- The punishment for losing the wheel of shame is putting on a green mask.
- Mike ended up getting the punishment this time.
“We’re putting me back in the green mask.”
The wheel of shame experience 53:19
- Being in the wheel of shame and wearing the green mask is a humorous punishment.
“We’ve got to see the cowboy geezer. Rainy day. Silly rabbit. Toast it. Right, bro. What is this? Out of this world. Out of this world.”
Starting the lineups 54:10
- The team is ready to discuss their lineups for the week.
“You want to get into it? You want to show this? Yeah, let’s go.”
Jason’s successful lineup on Draft Kings 52:17
- Jason had a successful lineup on Draft Kings despite losing his quarterback.
- He cashed everywhere with 212 points.
“Jason’s roster blew the doors off of Draft Kings. He cashed everywhere with 212 points without a quarterback.”
Mike’s turn on Wheel of Shame 52:50
- Mike is experiencing the wheel of shame punishment for the first time.
“All right. What do I, what do I do here?”
Mike’s quarterback pick 54:30
- Mike’s quarterback choice is Gardner Midship.
- Gardner Midship will be playing against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
“I’m taking Gardner Midship against the Jacksonville Jaguars at just 5000.”
Mike’s running backs 55:11
- David Montgomery and Raheem Mostert are Mike’s running backs.
- David Montgomery will play against the 10-b-buck in the ears.
- Raheem Mostert will face the Carolina Panthers.
Mike’s wide receivers 56:23
- Mike’s wide receivers are Tyreek Hill and Jemar Chase.
- Tyreek Hill will be facing the Dolphins and Jemar Chase will play against another team.
“Number one, Tyreek Hill. So I’ve doubled up with the Dolphins against Carolina at what, I think 9,300. And then, Jemar Chase at 8,300.”
“Mike, your two running backs… Raheem Mostert…It’s a great option.”
“Mike’s quarterback choice is Gardner Midship.”
Jason’s Wide Receivers 56:52
- Jason’s three wide receivers are Cooper Cup, DJ Moore, and Marquis Hollywood.
“He’s got Cooper Cup at 9,000, and he’s got the stack with DJ Moore and Marquis Hollywood.”
Lineup Decisions 57:06
- The narrator toyed with some lineups that had Cooper Cup, Chase, and Trail.
- Ultimately, the narrator did not go with that lineup, but has Cooper Cup to match with Jason at 9,000.
“I toyed with some lineups this week that had Cup chase anti-reak… I do have Cooper Cup to match with Jason at 9,000.”
Value at Wide Receiver 57:27
- The narrator saved money at the wide receiver position, spending only 3,000 on Brandon Powell of the Minnesota Vikings.
Offensive Struggles Without Justin Jefferson 57:34
- The offense struggled last week in the absence of Justin Jefferson, with Brandon Powell receiving more targets as a result.
Mike’s Tight End, Flex, and Defense 57:54
- Mike’s tight end is Noah Fant, his flex is KJ Osborne, and his defense is the Cleveland Browns.
- Mike had to penny pinch in these positions.
“Mike, you’re tight in flex and defense… So I got Noah Fance at the tight end position at 3,000… KJ Osborne at 4,400 against the Chicago Bears… But you saved 1,300 for maybe a similar game… Cleveland Browns at 2,200 against the San Francisco 49ers.”
Jason’s Tight End, Flex, and Defense 58:44
- Jason’s tight end is Logan Thomas, his flex is KJ Osborn, and his defense is the Patriots.
- There is a discussion about the appearance of the narrator wearing a mask.
“What does Jason have at tight end flex and defense? He’s got Logan Thomas at tight end… KJ Osborne in the flex and Patriots defense… What does Logan Thomas, KJ Osborne, and the Patriots… That was Logan Thomas, KJ Osborne, and the Patriots… You are moving like an alien.