NFL DFS First Look at Salaries & Matchups for Week 7 (Fantasy Football)
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early-week cash game considerations, as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options. On Tuesdays, I share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate* including team-implied totals (TIP) for each matchup.
*Totals are DraftKings Sportsbook as of the time of publishing.
For newcomers, the main slate for DFS includes the Sunday early (1:00 EST) and afternoon games (4:25 EST). At first glance, here are a couple of things to note:
- Off the Main Slate: JAX, NO, MIA, PHI, SF, MIN
- Bye Week Teams: CAR, CIN, DAL, NYJ, TEN, HOU
- All of these totals have come down. From the early look ahead lines given a week ago to where they were at on Monday afternoon. Even the LAC/KC game was bet down from 50.5 to 49. We are in the midst of a scoring drought league-wide in case you didn’t notice.
Heading into MNF, 59.8% of all NFL games this season have gone Under the game total.
That is the highest rate through six weeks of any season in the 2000s. https://t.co/WTnDwqoTlF
— Rich Hribar (@LordReebs) October 16, 2023
- On a slate with just ten games, expect the chalk to condense even more and the field to fixate on LAC/KC. Do not be surprised if you carry 6+ similar players in cash as your head to head opponents.
- All salaries are DraftKings unless noted for FanDuel (FD).
- Patrick Mahomes ($8300) is 7-2 in his career against Los Angeles but oddly enough he’s never surpassed 25 DraftKings points against them at home. Mahomes is an insane road QB but in Arrowhead, the Chiefs play things a bit more conservatively than you might imagine. Justin Herbert ($8000), on the other hand, needs to step on the gas to compete. His splits against the Chiefs are much more encouraging averaging 27.5 DK points over three seasons aided by 2.5 passing TDs per game and a yards per attempt of 8.0.