DFS First Look Pricing for Week 16 (Fantasy Football)
Another week and another chance to wipe the slate for DFS. On Tuesday, Betz and myself share some of these insights on the Fantasy Footballers DFS Podcast if you want further commentary on some of the salary standouts.
Every week the First Look article gives you a taste of the slate and some of the more intriguing salaries that DraftKings and FanDuel release. The goal is to identify early week cash game considerations as well as potential tournament plays before we piece together the stacking options.
Check back on Thursday where Matthew Betz and myself share our official DraftKings and FanDuel picks for cash and GPPs exclusively in the DFS Pass.
Here are the games for this week’s main slate:
Patrick Mahomes is the QB1 on both sites ($7,700-DK, $8,700-FD) at home against Pittsburgh. That is a hefty salary to pay in cash but in tournaments, you can pay up for a simple stack.
- Matthew Stafford ($6,700) is too cheap for the weekly 3-TD upside he brings. And we know Minnesota’s secondary is garbage.
- Jalen Hurts ($6,400) is going to play on TuesdayNightFootball.com and his salary remains deflated. The Giants are a pushover and Philadelphia might actually have something to play for.
- Tyler Huntley ($6000) did something Lamar never did last week: 2 pass + 2 rush TDs in a game. Rushing QBs are the great equalizer in fantasy football and Lamar ran for 88 yards versus CIN in Week 7. The Bengals are allowing the 3rd MOST 20+ Yard Pass Plays & 3rd Highest Opponent Pass Rate.
- Speaking of Minnesota, Justin Fields ($5,200) came off a Monday night where we saw some actual volume in the passing game. He was the QB9 despite Matt Nagy’s play-calling. This season he’s averaging 35 rushing yards per game and Seattle is allowing the 2nd MOST passing yards and the Highest Pass Success Rate in NFL. Most importantly, they don’t get after the QB… 31st in sack rate.
- I know it’s gross but I feel like I need to mention another name at the bottom of the barrel… Trevor Lawrence is $5,000 against… the Jets.