Navigating Bye Weeks: Proactive Fantasy Football Transactions to Make
Last week on Never Not Working, the Fantasy Footballers discussed some of the point differentials at each position during bye weeks to set some expectations.
Everyone is feeling the scrunch. Points are hard to come by. Some positions (QB & WR) can be streamed and the bye-week effect is minimal. RB is different. All about acquiring touches and opportunity.
This week, Mike and Jason broke down some of the moves you can make to prepare for the upcoming bye weeks.
Upcoming Bye Weeks
- Week 6: DET, HOU, LV, TEN
- Week 7: BUF, LAR, MIN, PHI
- Week 8: KC, LAC
- Week 9: CLE, DAL, DEN, NYG, PIT, SF
Let’s highlight the major fantasy players on bye the next couple of weeks and a few transactions you could make to get ahead of your league mates. All of these suggestions below were found using the Fantasy Footballers’ Stream Finder tool.
- On Bye Week 7: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
- On Bye Week 8: Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert
Ryan Tannehill (TEN)– 24% rostered
- Week 7 vs IND– He’s won 4 straight vs Colts averaging 19 fantasy points per game, top-10 QB in 3 of 4.
- Week 8 @ HOU
Jared Goff (DET)– 60% rostered; likely dropped after last week vs NE, currently on bye
- Week 7 @ DAL- No thank you on the road vs that pass rush
- Week 8 vs MIA (dome game)– Allowing 4th MOST fantasy points to QBs; healed up D’Andre Swift & Amon-Ra St. Brown should help
- On Bye Week 6: Derrick Henry, Dameon Pierce, Josh Jacobs
- On Bye Weeks 7 & 8: Dalvin Cook, Miles Sanders, Austin Ekeler, CEH
This is about acquiring touches, opportunity in ambiguous backfields.
Gus 🚌 Edwards— 24% rostered
- Week 7 vs CLE- Allowing 3rd MOST fantasy points to opposing RBs
- Week 8 @ TB
DeeJay Dallas (SEA)– 16.5% rostered
- Week 7 @ LAC- Allowing MOST fantasy points to opposing RBs
- Week 8 vs NYG
RB to Buy Low/Trade For Target
Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)- Currently the RB34, still avg 17.6 opportunities per game, Dak coming back. He was one of Robert Wilson’s Buy Low opportunities earlier this week.
- Week 7 vs DET- Allowing 4th MOST RB fantasy points, Rhamondre just destroyed for 161 rush yards
- Week 8 vs CHI- Opposing teams are running on Bears 50+ % of the time, the highest in NFL
Zay Jones (JAX)– 36% rostered; Avg 8 targets per game
- Week 7 vs NYG
- Week 8 DEN
Alec Pierce (IND)– 47% rostered; with rookies you like to wait & see… we’ve seen it. He’s good and he earns targets
- Week 7 vs TEN- Allowing 2nd MOST fpts to opposing WRs
- Week 8 vs WAS- Allowing 4th MOST fpts to opposing WRs
- On Bye Week 7: Dallas Goedert, Tyler Higbee
- On Bye Week 8: Travis Kelce
Hayden Hurst– 62% rostered
- Week 7 @ ATL– Allowing 4th MOST fantasy points, 2nd MOST TE receptions to opposing TEs
- Week 8 @ CLE-
Daniel Bellinger (NYG)– 6% rostered; rookie… snap rate up to 74% last week, 2 TDs on the year
- Week 7 @ JAX
- Week 8 vs SEA– Allowing MOST fantasy points to TE position
- On Bye Week 7: BUF, PHI
- On Bye Week 9: DAL, SF
Denver Broncos— 41% rostered; currently DST8 after rough start (likely dropped this week vs LAC)
- Week 7 vs NYJ- Zach Wilson
- Week 8 @ JAX- Trevor Lawrence
Indianapolis Colts— 22% rostered; #3 in defensive adjusted line yards
- Week 7 @ TEN- Tannehill bottom-7 in sack rate
- Week 8 vs WAS– Revenge Game vs Carson Wentz